Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Leafs 6-3: I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT. GOOD JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 204

Oct 5, 2017
the way Mike Babcock laughed after the Gibbons goal and Henrique's rush looked like he was thinking jeeez good way to take away Gardiner's happiness

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I just want to reiterate how well Coleman played. Our entire fourth line really. Super encouraging.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
the way Mike Babcock laughed after the Gibbons goal and Henrique's rush looked like he was thinking jeeez good way to take away Gardiner's happiness
He looked as frustrated as he did in the post game. He'd been saying for two days how fast and aggressive we are and that we'd attack with 4 lines, so they needed to be quick and smart with the puck, but they gave the puck up to pressure all game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I didn't see the "bumping into goalies" part so I won't comment, but the player Martin hit before Rico got into a bear hug match with him was falling before Martin hit him so it was really just an unlucky play. You can bet a real goon would've tried tossing fists with Rico instead of keeping it at a hug. Just in the Chicago game, Martin was skating to stop an icing getting called and lost the race but bear hugged a Chicago dman so that he wouldn't fall and go flying into the boards. If there's any gif's of other plays tho where it's dirty, would like to see

I didn't like him going after Bratt so late in the game, luckily Jesper ducked at the last minute.

He also made a somewhat late run vs the small Gibbons in the 2nd.

Look, Martin can be effective without targeting smallish players who don't have the puck.

Reactions: glenwo2

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
giphy.gif

Would love to make this Nico, Zacha and Bratt.

Or Nico, Butcher and Bratt - our three star rookies. :nod::devdance:

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
Sooo my bullet points from the awesome win last night in no particular order:

-Henrique was fantastic. Was really structured, covered up defensivley for the kids at points , had 2 apples, and was the catalyst on the game changing 5 on 3 goal. Played 7:09 on the PK (just behind andys 7:31) and won 55% of his draws including some big time defensive zone fo's

-Speaking of faceoffs, aside from henrique we had a rough night overall especially Zacha (38%) and Nico (40%), Coleman was 50%. we need to start with possesion more than that going further.

-Nico. I was really intrigued by how babcock would matchup his lines and his game plan was clearly to get Matthews out against Nico all night and it worked. Allthough nothing truly big time happened between the 2, Matthews seemed to have Nico rattled a bit. For the first time I saw nico fumble the puck a bit offensivley and had some rough moments defensivley including a couple minor turnovers. Also noted his only 0:03 seconds TOI shorthanded. I think he was just trying to do to much against the fellow 1st OA and took him off his game a bit. No worries here as Im sure hell calm down and be great.

- Zacha. Great again(yes I think hes been great all 3 games). Again played great defensivley and was used heavily in all situatons and did not let down. So happy he got rewarded with a couple gaols tonight for his hard work. I found it interesting how hynes moved him into Nicos spot between Bratt and Mojo later in the game. I think he was trying to get him matched up on matthews and bring a little more size in between the two swedes.

-Bratt. Awesome again , been loving this kid since the WJSS and his poise, smarts and puck skills are more than we couldve ever hoped for.

-Woody being wood. Doing his thing and nice to see him bury that one top shelf

-4th line continues to be fantastic and we might really have a compentent 4th for the first time since cbgb.

-Defense. Moore continues to be a disaster away from the puck and not tie up guys sticks in the crease. How he EVER get PK time is beyond my comprehension. mueller needs gap work and better awareness in front and down low. sevs continues to bring some bad along with alot of good, and greene and Santini were studs down low all night and were the best defenders on the team. Buthcher 2 more A's and hes just what we needed.

-Random. Some really weak penalties in canada, no surprise. Lots of puck luck both ways with some good bounces going each way. Ice seemed really bad or something , as it seemed like the puck was bouncing all night, 5-7' in the air at times, especially in our zone. We are fast. Moar goals plse.

- Im off work today,bored, and I rarley post. so I figured id make up for it all in this one post LOL. lgd!!

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
giphy.gif

yeah, just finished watching the game. Im so happy right now. Buuut we cant play like this, 47shoots is way to much. Really impressed with Santini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad