Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Jets with...a shootout WIN?! At last!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That put the seed in me that they might win this one to the point I was almost hoping for the shootout. But I still wasn't confident enough to watch it.

I just had a feeling.

Now we need to beat another team other than the Jets. They have our last two shootout wins. :laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
mick-dance.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I almost wish we'd done it against Ottawa instead after their fans were openly mocking us and cheering the shootout. But I'm glad they did it at home.

wellonegm05*

Bitter sweet bc with winning comes the reality that Pete wont get fired, but it was great to see the kids continue to make Deboer look like a total clown. Only goal against was directly because of Salvador. Zedlicky got burned by Wheeler but the whole play was on a delayed penalty caused by another Sal miscue.

Best players were Josefson, Brunner, Severson, Greene, Schneider. About time for Greene and Cory!

Merrill once again pretty mediocre. Almost costing us the game flubbing a point blank scoring chance with 5 minutes to go resulting in the Jets turning around the other way on a 2 on 1. Thankfully Severson made a beautiful play to bail him out.

And Larsson! Absolutely flawless game from him. Indisputable proof Pete hates him and is trying to make him look bad? After looking amazing his first couple shifts with Merrill, including a few nice hits, what does Pete do? Switch pairings and put him with Salvador LOL. Cant make this stuff up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleed. How will you feel about Winnipeg if Pete DeBoer was hired as their coach?

I'd still hate them.

I don't particularly hate their players. I used to be a Pavelec fan too. I just don't like their fans, so I hope they continue to suck.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bitter sweet bc with winning comes the reality that Pete wont get fired, but it was great to see the kids continue to make Deboer look like a total clown.

There's nothing bittersweet about it, it's really the best of both worlds. Winning AND have the Swedes play well to prove themselves to Pete. Not to mention the fourth line everyone wanted (Ruutu-Josefson-Gionta at wing) also did well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 19m19 minutes ago

Salvador played 12:59, only 2 shifts in third, didn't see ice after 4:23 mark of third.

There you go Bleed.

I forgot when that turnover was. It was early in the 3rd though.

Salvador made a stupid ****ing play. Tired of him getting to stink up the ice the last two years. Glad he was benched tonight. Brutal play has become the norm for him.

It's to the point that if he has just a BAD game, it was a pretty good game for him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There's nothing bittersweet about it, it's really the best of both worlds. Winning AND have the Swedes play well to prove themselves to Pete. Not to mention the fourth line everyone wanted (Ruutu-Josefson-Gionta at wing) also did well.

I liked JJ centering a third line even better with Zubs and Ruutu down on the 4th line with Gio.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'd still hate them.

I don't particularly hate their players. I used to be a Pavelec fan too. I just don't like their fans, so I hope they continue to suck.

If Pete drives us crazy, just think what he'll do to the Winnipeg fans:laugh:

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Schneider did exactly what great goalies do. Respond with a great game after a bad game. He was huge tonight. We needed that.

So happy for Josefson. I'm hoping he can take these past few games and the confidence he's gained and just continue to build.

Good, gutty, win. Hopefully we can use this as a momentum builder. I'm sure it was a great atmosphere in the locker room after that win.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still want Gelinas in the lineup. We need his offense. I don't want Larsson out though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Good thing is they won a shootout. Bad thing is that effort probably would have been crushed by most other teams in the league. They will have to be much better than that if they hope to beat CBJ.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Indisputable proof Pete hates him and is trying to make him look bad? After looking amazing his first couple shifts with Merrill, including a few nice hits, what does Pete do? Switch pairings and put him with Salvador LOL. Cant make this stuff up.

No, he did it because Sal - Zid was a tire fire of suck and Pete had to split them up somehow, and he sure wasn't going to split Greene and Severson up.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Baby steps by Pete.

At least he's finally starting to be held accountable for his absolutely awful play.

Larsson & Josefson demonstrating why they deserve to be in the lineup; i still think this is a somewhat flawed team, but somehow despite largely terrible play we're finding a way to sneak some results.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Schneider did exactly what great goalies do. Respond with a great game after a bad game. He was huge tonight. We needed that.

Cory did need this game. Especially one where he finally didn't give up his usual shortside goal or his quota of shootout goals.

I still wish he would stay away from the puck when it's outside of his crease (he nearly got caught behind the net AGAIN in the third). He falls on the puck and doesn't play it when it's in the crease and nobody's around him but if it's away from the crease and there's traffic coming off to the races he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad