Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Blackhawks in OT 4-3!

NJ Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think you are probably right...he didn't really do much for the Defense in Pittsburgh either. He must think that resources had to go to forwards there is really no other way to explain it.

It's weird though when it was such a glaring weakness for the team.

i know there is a school of thought that a good enough goalie can makeup for a borderline defense. I don’t buy into that line of thinking but I understand that teams have various approaches to the cap. Some work better than others.

Reactions: Hisch13r and JimEIV

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
i know there is a school of thought that a good enough goalie can makeup for a borderline defense. I don’t buy into that line of thinking but I understand that teams have various approaches to the cap. Some work better than others.

I think they can but there's a very small amount of goalies capable of doing that at any given time. They have to be world class. Like Hellebuyck these past few years, Lundqvist most of his career or pre injury Cory.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He should've know by January 2018 that he didn't have a good enough goalie or a good enough defense.

Reactions: My3Sons

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Maybe... I'm just not sure he's easily replaced.

I agree that his skating and overall play has deteriorated...but I think last night is an example of his value. Having a player like him that can give you 21 minutes in a pinch is super valuable... imagine if someone like Walsh was your 3rd RHD and he had to play up in a pinch... You're going to have major problems. It's essentially the situation we were in with Butcher in years past

i don't mind PK.. i think he is a hungry player .. he isn't worth his contract but as you point out still can log minutes in a jam.. can play PP in a jam.. etc. so depending on where this team is in feb. will see. would I hate him coming back on a 2 year 4 million dollar deal? maybe not

Reactions: JimEIV

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i don't mind PK.. i think he is a hungry player .. he isn't worth his contract but as you point out still can log minutes in a jam.. can play PP in a jam.. etc. so depending on where this team is in feb. will see. would I hate him coming back on a 2 year 4 million dollar deal? maybe not

in skeptical he would be able to embrace that role.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Watched the highlights again....freaking pumped! When we improve our special teams, we're gonna see some serious shit!

I'd say that's more of an "if" than a "when". At least with the PK. Dougie should be able to transform the PP but the PK I'm less convinced about. I really think our season hinges on how the special teams play out.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Jack plays well, but doesn't produce = who cares about how he plays points matter.

Jack doesn't play as well, but does produce = who cares about points it's how he plays that matters.

It's almost like certain people have a thing against Jack...

Almost. It's the players can't have emotions just get in line and speak when spoken to old mentality. Gotta put in your 10,000 hours before you're allowed to be yourself shtick.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Jack plays well, but doesn't produce = who cares about how he plays points matter.

Jack doesn't play as well, but does produce = who cares about points it's how he plays that matters.

It's almost like certain people have a thing against Jack...

pat, i’d like to solve

8-BA48-D9-C-49-DF-4602-8-EB6-288936303-B6-B.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
pat, i’d like to solve

8-BA48-D9-C-49-DF-4602-8-EB6-288936303-B6-B.jpg
Hey man it was a "really big night in the Hughes household"

Jack now with 54 career points....3 years in and Jack passed brother Quinn's rookie point total of 53...

#f***ingDisgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad