GDT: Devils @ Avalanche - 9:00 PM - MSG+

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They legit might not score another PP goal this season and everyone should be fired for that

You can't blame that on the goalies.

I’m already convinced the Leafs game sealed Recchi’s fate and the Panthers Ruff’s. They’re not coming back next year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Weird game in that I felt that it was a strong effort and for the most part they seemed to control the pace, but it also exposed a lot of the consistent flaws in how they play.

I don't believe these guys are coach killers. Nas is the common denominator, and yes, let's lose all three of them. The PK will be fine.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
They legit might not score another PP goal this season and everyone should be fired for that

You can't blame that on the goalies.

on the record..

i expect the team to run out the season with a 7-1 record

zero excuses.

....ill be wrong but ....why not? expansion seattle.....a canes team twice with nothing on the line .....the wings twice, the sabres.......sens.....

its there for the taking

Camille the Eel

I thought Hamilton had his best game in a while all the same. Sounder and more in control defensively, especially in the 1st period and looking more comfortable.

Hamilton had a good couple of games with Bahl earlier in the year actually. Bahl’s simple game seems to suit Dougie. If that proves consistently true, Bahl can maybe make a nice career here out of it.

Wonder why Macleod took only 1 shift in the 3d and didn’t finish the game?

Also Graves reportedly took a skate to the face at the end of the game. Yikes.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t know if I can seriously mark any of the goals on Hammond stoppable, but the rebound on the third goal was worse than the rebound on the first goal.

He probably should have gotten the first shot on third goal right in his 5-hole for a whistle.

Camille the Eel

Weird game in that I felt that it was a strong effort and for the most part they seemed to control the pace, but it also exposed a lot of the consistent flaws in how they play.

I don't believe these guys are coach killers. Nas is the common denominator, and yes, let's lose all three of them. The PK will be fine.
In the 1st Colorado let us play our skating game. Which is also a game they like to play. Because they too are a team that likes the speed and skating game.

But in the second they brought pressure, made us try to play a game they play much better than us. And boy were they dominant.

They then sat back in the 3d and ran out the clock on us.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I don’t know if I can seriously mark any of the goals on Hammond stoppable, but the rebound on the third goal was worse than the rebound on the first goal.

He probably should have gotten the first shot on third goal right in his 5-hole for a whistle.

the 2 goals with bad rebound control would be stoppable if he did anything else then what happened

so. verdit.

stoppable goals brought on by shit goaltending at its basic level

Reactions: Hollywood Nosebleed

Camille the Eel

Oh gosh Hammond played well enough. I didn’t expect him to steal the game for us with perfection. They caved us in during the 2d period. That wasn’t on Hammond. We got dominated. Yeah I would have liked him to be perfect but there were other people to blame on all 3 scores. None were what I’d call a really bad goal. And he made a lot of really sharp saves, especially in the 1st period. He gave us a chance to win, and that’s more than I thought he would. And I wish we would have finished some of our 1st period chances (because we had some nice ones) and that Shango’s post had gone in.

Overall a pretty good game against one of the best teams in the league. I give Colorado credit for the result tonight. They are damned good.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Oh gosh Hammond played well enough. I didn’t expect him to steal the game for us with perfection. They caved us in during the 2d period. That wasn’t on Hammond. We got dominated. Yeah I would have liked him to be perfect but there were other people to blame on all 3 scores. None were what I’d call a really bad goal. And he made a lot of really sharp saves, especially in the 1st period. He gave us a chance to win, and that’s more than I thought he would. And I wish we would have finished some of our 1st period chances (because we had some nice ones) and that Shango’s post had gone in.

Overall a pretty good game against one of the best teams in the league. I give Colorado credit for the result tonight. They are damned good.

You could see Colorado working on the defensive side of things as a way of gearing up for the playoffs. They focused on shutting our scoring forwards down rather than attacking our iffy goaltender fire wagon hockey style.

And weren’t focused on getting one star points or goals as they chase records like two Canadian teams have a tendency to do even late in the season.

Reactions: Oneiro

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I liked Hammond's game enough that I feel better about losing Schnarr even though he scored a meaningless goal in a 6-0 win tonight.

Schnarr is/was ahead of Foote (barely, and hopefully not for long, Walsh too if we're including D), Schmelzer, Gambardella, Clarke, Flynn, and Talvitie in Pt/G. Laval could keep second place in the division.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad