GDT: Devils at Predators 8pm MSG+2 TV theme sing-a-long edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think it'll take more than that at this point, especially since it's likely the Pens'll still be up 5-6 points on us at worst with games in hand since they play Calgary at home on Saturday. There's been too many bad home results lately too.

Meant that we can go to the rink with a glimmer of hope and not like we are walking into a wake.

Imagine they win in Dallas?
Ok, ill put down the pipe.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I didn't watch this one aside from OT but I'm really glad DSP produced tonight. I think he's currently what we hoped Matteau would even turn into to be honest. Maybe he has room to grow too, I'm not banking on it but still. We really needed to improve our bottom 6 anyway and I think DSP can really help us there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know when I started thinking Rinne was overrated but it's seemed obvious the last couple years. At the very least he's not what he used to be although he had a very good year last year, the other three of his last four years haven't been nearly elite level.

He's another guy living off a reputation, like Ryan Miller.

He had a bounce back year last season, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was still elite.

This year his play has went right back to the levels of the two years before last.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't watch this one aside from OT but I'm really glad DSP produced tonight. I think he's currently what we hoped Matteau would even turn into to be honest. Maybe he has room to grow too, I'm not banking on it but still. We really needed to improve our bottom 6 anyway and I think DSP can really help us there.

What is he? 23? Could be a little room to grow in there.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
393958bd091a82ee8e271b89e4e1f58f.png

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm just imagining everyone celebrating together and Tootoo just comes in and glides into the boards :laugh:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
You'd think they'd be better at OT with that forward corps of theirs....... 1-11? That's getting into PDB shootout numbers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You'd think they'd be better at OT with that forward corps of theirs....... 1-11? That's getting into PDB shootout numbers.

I believe that's only their record in games that are decided in the OT period.

I saw Gulitti post that they were 3-1 in shootouts.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

1-11 is abysmal but I think there's a lot to be said about the structure teams play in 3 on 3. I mean look at us, who would have expected we'd be as good as we are in OT? But Hynes coming from the AHL that had this format last year seems to have had a large impact on our success. Maybe they just haven't adapted as well?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1-11 is abysmal but I think there's a lot to be said about the structure teams play in 3 on 3. I mean look at us, who would have expected we'd be as good as we are in OT? But Hynes coming from the AHL that had this format last year seems to have had a large impact on our success. Maybe they just haven't adapted as well?

Think they would of figured it out by now.

What is playoff OT anyway? Sticking with 4 on 4 or are they doing 3 on 3?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Think they would of figured it out by now.

What is playoff OT anyway? Sticking with 4 on 4 or are they doing 3 on 3?

5 on 5 still, that's how it's always been.

Someone messaged Gulitti on twitter tonight, saying that Nashville will need to figure out 3 on 3 in the playoffs. And Gulitti said it would still be 5 on 5.

I never thought it was supposed to change for the playoffs. You'd never get any of these triple OT games in the playoffs if was 3 on 3. I'd surprised if games lasted close to a full overtime period.

That's why I think with an additional 5 minutes added to 3 on 3 OT's, the amount of games that end up in a shootout might be 30% or so.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Watching the replay of the game now, and warsofsky looks pretty lost out there, I would let him sit in the press box for a couple games after this one and get used to the system. Need to see Severson back in there ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad