GDT: Devils at Columbus 7PM - Anime 3.33 - No one can stop me now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes said tonight was more about individual guys not being ready to play.

Aside from the obvious in Severson, who else is he talking about? Tough to say when looking at ice times.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Aside from the obvious in Severson, who else is he talking about? Tough to say when looking at ice times.

That's pretty Harsh delusion by Hynes. There was more than just Severson failing tonight. Greene, Zajac also missed their coverage. Hischier didn't look stellar defensively in his zone and he failed to capitalize on some chances in the 3rd. PP failed fully (as expected). KK could have made a bigger save in one of the 3 early goals.

I'd call that more a total fail, than an individual not being ready to play.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Uh oh, the post game Kinkaid tweet is in.

2R0FvLQ.jpg
:laugh::clap:

Reactions: JK3

Camille the Eel

Consistently losing tends to make me criticize any coach. I’ll admit that. That’s just fan natural. But I have gradually become a real Hynes critic. Because so many things here just make no common hockey sense.

The system that I don’t really know what it is. The handling of the personnel and lack of consistent pairings (so after last night Zacha-Bratt-Seney don’t even get another period - all because Wood goes down)? The refusal to adjust anything practically anytime. The inconsistent effort . . .

I think this team is poorly coached and I’ll go further and say that, with really top level coaching, we’d be maybe 10 points further along right now from where we are.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Aside from the obvious in Severson, who else is he talking about?

Keep in mind Severson was "talked to" about his poor defensive play after the Buffalo game. That was 1 week ago tonight. A lot of good that "talk" did.

Reactions: mdj12784

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
So if I counted correctly, Columbus is 15-3 against the Devils in their last 18 games. They've also won 9 out of the last 10. That's just f***ing embarrassing. Not sure I've seen a team get completely owned by another organization like that over such a long period of time.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Camille the Eel

So if I counted correctly, Columbus is 15-3 against the Devils in their last 18 games. They've also won 9 out of the last 10. That's just ****ing embarrassing. Not sure I've seen a team get completely owned by another organization like that over such a long period of time.
Well it’s a really tough match up for us generally because we’ve had a lot of trouble handling heavy forecheck teams for several years. Once we get pinned in our end our D gets badly exposed.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
So if I counted correctly, Columbus is 15-3 against the Devils in their last 18 games. They've also won 9 out of the last 10. That's just ****ing embarrassing. Not sure I've seen a team get completely owned by another organization like that over such a long period of time.

The amount of games is less but I’d say what Tampa does to NJ is almost f***ing criminal.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The amount of games is less but I’d say what Tampa does to NJ is almost ****ing criminal.

To me, this has been one of the major if not the biggest embarrassment of the season. The way we have played against BOTH those organizations (TB and CBJ), despite the talent gap, the way we look on the ice is abysmal.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
To me, this has been one of the major if not the biggest embarrassment of the season. The way we have played against BOTH those organizations, despite the talent gap, the way we look on the ice is abysmal.

Hey now, don’t sell Toronto short. That’s quite the abusive relationship as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

The Bruins say hi...at least until the last game we finally beat them.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It does...Playing from behind is a lost cause

well there may be stats to support that, but i’d say more teams win games despite not scoring first than they win games when scoring one goal. one of those things is a lot harder to do and still get a win

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

#Torts

I've told you he just refuses to lose to the NJD.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Certainly not making excuses but those kind of weird streaks hsppen...a team doesn't match up well, the other team has your number...

I would say a big physical team is the nemesis of these particular Devils.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Bruins say hi...at least until the last game we finally beat them.

I don't think Boston is quite as bad now, the Devils have at least had a modicum of success against them over the last two or three years. The Devils are also on a 1-12 run against the Blues, including 9 straight losses.

Camille the Eel

The amount of games is less but I’d say what Tampa does to NJ is almost ****ing criminal.
Another club that puts heavy pressure on the puck. Without having guys on our D who can make that first pass or drive puck possession from the back end, clubs like that have been killing us. See also our recent games against Winnipeg, San Jose. And not incidentally these kinds of clubs are some of the best in the league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Boston is quite as bad now, the Devils have at least had a modicum of success against them over the last two or three years. The Devils are also on a 1-12 run against the Blues, including 9 straight losses.

The Bruins have been killing us since like 2010. Even last year we went 0-2-1 against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad