GDT: Devils at Columbus 7PM - Anime 3.33 - No one can stop me now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I think Hall's relationship with Hischier (Off the ice, as well as their chemistry on the ice) will play a pretty big role in his decision on whether or not to sign an extension in New Jersey

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I really wish a reporter would ask an actual difficult or uncofortable question, JUST ONE, that isn't a freaking softball of Hynes in the presser. Something like "how do you explain such a successful PK but have so many consistent lapses and missed assignments 5 on 5?". I kinda know the answer but I'd love to hear him squirm and try to explain it.

Shakir ONeal

Jimmy Hughes
Sep 21, 2017
I really wish a reporter would ask an actual difficult or uncofortable question, JUST ONE, that isn't a freaking softball of Hynes in the presser. Something like "how do you explain such a successful PK but have so many consistent lapses and missed assignments 5 on 5?". I kinda know the answer but I'd love to hear him squirm and try to explain it.

not one challenging question all year, insane

Reactions: JK3

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Consistently losing tends to make me criticize any coach. I’ll admit that. That’s just fan natural. But I have gradually become a real Hynes critic. Because so many things here just make no common hockey sense.

The system that I don’t really know what it is. The handling of the personnel and lack of consistent pairings (so after last night Zacha-Bratt-Seney don’t even get another period - all because Wood goes down)? The refusal to adjust anything practically anytime. The inconsistent effort . . .

I think this team is poorly coached and I’ll go further and say that, with really top level coaching, we’d be maybe 10 points further along right now from where we are.

Well it’s a really tough match up for us generally because we’ve had a lot of trouble handling heavy forecheck teams for several years. Once we get pinned in our end our D gets badly exposed.

Another club that puts heavy pressure on the puck. Without having guys on our D who can make that first pass or drive puck possession from the back end, clubs like that have been killing us. See also our recent games against Winnipeg, San Jose. And not incidentally these kinds of clubs are some of the best in the league.

Great posts that some up my observations better than I can. A great goalie isn’t going to closee that competition gap to something noteworthy. This board would just have a great goalie to root for keeping this team from being in the basement. Maybe that’s what it needs.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
not one challenging question all year, insane

Not really. Any reporter asking a tough question runs the risk of losing their access and hence their job. Covering the Devils is like covering any small market team with limited beat reporters. And the reporters from out of town aren’t going to ask tough questions. I can’t recall the last time Sean Payton was asked a tough question for example. If he was it want by the local reporters who don’t like him but know he has had several removed from their gigs in the past.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not really. Any reporter asking a tough question runs the risk of losing their access and hence their job. Covering the Devils is like covering any small market team with limited beat reporters. And the reporters from out of town aren’t going to ask tough questions. I can’t recall the last time Sean Payton was asked a tough question for example. If he was it want by the local reporters who don’t like him but know he has had several removed from their gigs in the past.

Yup, sports "reporting" for a city/area isn't reporting, it's azz kissing.

Disagree about your "out of town" comment though, that's the only place the tough questions will come from, because they dont risk having their access cut. Recall, for instance, the "is sending Schnedier to the AHL a possibility?" question some weeks back? The guy who asked that wasnt beholden to any local publication or media source.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yup, sports "reporting" for a city/area isn't reporting, it's azz kissing.

Disagree about your "out of town" comment though, that's the only place the tough questions will come from, because they dont risk having their access cut. Recall, for instance, the "is sending Schnedier to the AHL a possibility?" question some weeks back? The guy who asked that wasnt beholden to any local publication or media source.

Fair enough. I'm used to watching Saints post game where Payton gives non answers to out of town reporters most of the time.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we have bad records against most teams over the past 3-4 seasons as we have been a bad team. basically we beat the penguins and flyers and are pretty lousy against everyone else.

what's our record agains the capitals? bruins? islanders?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

What is Torts record vs us since he's been at Cbj?
Not too much better than their record against us since they’ve been in our division.

We’ve been awful against them since they’ve been in our division, which was two years before he started coaching there.

Can you stop with this narrative? We’re 3-0-0 against Torts in playoff series, so I’m not sure where this “Torts wants to beat the NJD and that’s why we can’t beat them” theory comes from, other than being made up.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Not too much better than their record against us since they’ve been in our division.

We’ve been awful against them since they’ve been in our division, which was two years before he started coaching there.

Can you stop with this narrative? We’re 3-0-0 against Torts in playoff series, so I’m not sure where this “Torts wants to beat the NJD and that’s why we can’t beat them” theory comes from, other than being made up.
Just boils down to being a bad matchup player wise. Jackets are big and gritty and eat this crop of Devil players alive and the Devils rosters of the last few seasons.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Just boils down to being a bad matchup player wise. Jackets are big and gritty and eat this crop of Devil players alive and the Devils rosters of the last few seasons.

Wait, CLB hired Gritty to eat the NJ players while they were still alive? I’m thinking you just mixed that up with the plot of a horror movie you watched recently

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

So no answer?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
His record against us with Columbus is 13-3 I believe. The narrative that he's somehow more motivated to beat us is ridiculous though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
His record against us with Columbus is 13-3 I believe. The narrative that he's somehow more motivated to beat us is ridiculous though.

Your first sentence gets a thumbs up
Your second sentence a thumbs down.

Don't fall into the Assumption Spin Zone.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean when he played Bobrovsky against us he was more motivated to beat us but he plays Korpasio last night and not a peep about the goalie choice :P

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
lol are we really hyper-analyzing the fact that the blue jackets own us cross-referenced with the fact that torts is their coach?

how about the simple fact that we f***ing stink and the jackets are decent? and that coinciding with our fall into mediocrity and/or the basement, they moved into a division with us? could that have anything to do with it?

you people must be f***ing bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad