Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire LHD Jonas Siegenthaler (WAS) for ARZ 3rd 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah but I would hope that would drive the value down a bit too. I can’t really complain too much, Devils have an excess of prospects and picks, need to start flipping some for NHL-ready assets. Just ideally you’d want to pay less given the market.

If one of our UFA defenders goes for a third, then Devils are just essentially back where they started.

That makes sense. If a team wants Murray or Kulikov for a third it’s like trading Kulikov or Murray for Siegenthaler. I doubt anyone would squawk about that.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Yeah but I would hope that would drive the value down a bit too. I can’t really complain too much, Devils have an excess of prospects and picks, need to start flipping some for NHL-ready assets. Just ideally you’d want to pay less given the market.

If one of our UFA defenders goes for a third, then Devils are just essentially back where they started.
I think this is the value that has been driven down, sounds like he was very good on caps 3rd pair last couple years just hasn’t played much this season. He’s much younger and under team control. He also has better upside.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
That makes sense. If a team wants Murray or Kulikov for a third it’s like trading Kulikov or Murray for Siegenthaler. I doubt anyone would squawk about that.
Yeah but if we get a third for either Murray or kulikov then that would be a lower third then the one we just traded. It’s minor but still. Hoping we get a second for one of those two :naughty:

Reactions: TheDuke93

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Some nice folks at the Caps forum provided me with these reviews.

uhhh. A big body "stay at home defensemen". I think he's strictly a bottom pairing guy, who can give you some PK minutes, but nothing world-breaking.

I don't think he was that good, but he can fill some minutes if a team needs them.

Tall defensive defenseman who can skate well. Not going to wow you but pretty solid and can move the puck decently IIRC.

Don’t think his potential is anything higher than a decent #4 but he always held his own as a young defenseman on a contending team.

He has the potential to be a good defensive defenseman. There's no real issues with his game other than on the offensive side. But even then he's a decent enough skater and he seems like he's fairly hockey smart.
Big, strong defensive defenseman. Very physical in front of the net and along the boards. Long reach and solid positionally. Very good shot blocker and strong on the PK.

On the flip side, he’s kind of a plodder when it comes to skating. Not very mobile and can struggle against speed. Not the best puck handler and will provide almost no offense, despite having a decent shot.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
but, those conditions were already not met lol they were based on ARZ winning a round and Hall re-signing I thought?
Correct, that's a stupid technicality. Though I guess Arizona could win the cup this season and Hall could sign there. :laugh:

The third-round pick in 2021 becomes a first-round selection if Arizona wins a Stanley Cup Playoff round AND Taylor Hall re-signs in Arizona. If neither condition happens, New Jersey still receives the 2021 third-round pick.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Assuming we get picks for Murray and/or Kulikov, I’m fine with this. 3rd round picks take like 4 to 5 years to maybe make an impact in the bottom half of the lineup, so I’m fine using one of the picks for a guy that can step in right away.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I'm fine with it. Doesn't seem to be a stud, but does seem to fit the type of player we can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad