Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire LHD Jonas Siegenthaler (WAS) for ARZ 3rd 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I like it. Find pros showing well in limited minutes that the other team can't protect in the expansion draft and bring them in for 3rd rounders (or later).

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Seems a little on the pricey end based on his career to date and the market, but must be something the staff seriously likes from him.

Being good friends with Hischier is definitely a nice added bonus though

EDIT: I would assume the staff anticipates getting a third for Kulikov and/or Murray so in that case we may just look at this as a wash.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The thing is if you have 6 D under contract for next year, the expansion draft doesn't matter because it's unlikely that Siegenthaler would be the guy taken.

Would've liked a lower price but it's an okay move.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I like this. His lack of production on a Caps team that has trouble not putting up 6 a game is a very slight concern. Very slight. Otherwise, I have no qualms giving up a 3rd round pick for an NHL player. I hope it doesn't mean the end of Murray and Kulikov though.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Seems a little on the pricey end based on his career to date and the market, but must be something the staff seriously likes from him.

Being good friends with Hischier is definitely a nice added bonus though.
It’s because he’s an RFA not a UFA and the caps wouldn’t be able to protect him in the expansion draft.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It’s because he’s an RFA not a UFA and the caps wouldn’t be able to protect him in the expansion draft.

Yeah but I would hope that would drive the value down a bit too. I can’t really complain too much, Devils have an excess of prospects and picks, need to start flipping some for NHL-ready assets. Just ideally you’d want to pay less given the market.

If one of our UFA defenders goes for a third, then Devils are just essentially back where they started.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille