Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canuck

Jun 19, 2008
Michigan
odds are gillis offered Watters something on the side. The guy is a clown, i don't take him seriously even with leafs info an organization he has much closer ties.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Schneids starts the games against the Canucks. The Canucks are the only team in the league that Marty has a losing record against.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh, that'll be fun. Hope Pete doesn't disappoint.

There's actually quite a few Western Conference teams that he's only 1 or 2 games above 500 against, and he's 500 even against the Wings. Surprisingly enough he's actually only 2 games above 500 against both the Maple Leafs and Bruins.

I'd sit him for the Bruins games just so he won't have a losing record against them for his career. We can never seem to beat those ****ers the last 2 or 3 years.:laugh::laugh:

kiwidevil

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

Cool of Marty to text him. But I am worried, JA#11 told me Brodeur won't like having a better goalie in the team.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
No I think Marty has to understand that at this point the changing of the guard is coming soon. This is his last season getting maybe over 50% of games. After this it's probably 25% or less as a backup

Geese_Howard*

As much as I hate the devils and wish nothing but the worse for them. You guys got a hell of a steal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hopefully Schneids starts the games against the Canucks. The Canucks are the only team in the league that Marty has a losing record against.:laugh:

Him NOT starting against Vancouver would be as odd as Marty not starting the Hab games.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

After almost breaking my TV when I heard we landed Schneider with our 9th overall pick, mostly because we had a clear cut shot at Nichuskin... I'm starting to like this move more and more now.

We stole him from Vancouver, that much is obvious but we better not waste a fraction of second when it'll be time to extend his deal next year.

Mory Schneideur*

Off topic slightly.

Just realized that in 05 we drafted Frazee at 38 in the 2nd round, then LA passed over him with the 50th and 60th picks only to take him in the 3rd round at 72.

Why we drafted Frazee and not Quick :shakehead

But anyways, we have Schneider :handclap:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
After almost breaking my TV when I heard we landed Schneider with our 9th overall pick, mostly because we had a clear cut shot at Nichuskin... I'm starting to like this move more and more now.

We stole him from Vancouver, that much is obvious but we better not waste a fraction of second when it'll be time to extend his deal next year.

Welcome back!

I am more in acceptance of the deal. Can't say I'm dancing with sparklers about it yet.

ZadorovNJD*

This willl be the worst trade since we traded Neidermayer to Anaheim. I still dont know why we did that!

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I've watched goalies my whole life and followed the career of Cory Schneider closely. This is THE best goaltender I have ever seen come through the Canucks' system. He is as good as advertised, as a Canucks fan I hope it works out for all involved, but I'm certain it will work out for the Devils.

PROS:

- Elite leg speed. This guy is lightning fast down low. His leg speed rivals that of his childhood friend Jon Quick in my opinion.
- NEVER gives up on a play, makes some miraculous saves at times because of this.
- Make-up. He's a really good, smart kid that will fit in well. Calm and collected most times. Consumate teammate and role model.
- Consistancy. Look up his stats. From High School to College to the AHL and then the NHL, Schneider has put up elite stats at every level. His off games are few and far between most of the time.
- Positioning. Generally in correct postition do deal with shot and rebound. He's as good as anyone in this regard.

CONS:

- Puckhandling. Marty will help and he's gotten a bit better, but easily the weakest part of his game.
- Battle/compete level. While he never gives up, he could do a bit better at battling in front of the net. This is a nitpick though.
- Can be shaky at times. But considering the amount of pressure he was dealing with at times in Vancouver, I don't think this will be a concern going forward.

I realize you guys have had Marty in net for a long time and know what good goaltending looks like, but Schneider in my opinion is on the cusp of becoming on of the top goaltenders in the game. It physically makes me ill that he is no longer a Canuck. But I'm also happy for him as now he's no longer an evil Canuck player he will get the recognition he deserves.

I'd wish you good luck, but with Schneiderman, you won't need luck.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Don't worry about it. Scheider will be like our Lundqvist, only younger...and with a better save %....and smaller pads. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad