Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
So, it's a great trade in terms of value. Schneider for the 9th straight up is basically a steal. However, we still really need a star forward prospect.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Absolutely amazing value for the 9th pick. We just turned an uncertain pick into a sure fire #1 goalie for the next decade. He's young and extremely talented, it makes us a much more attractive destination for free agents too

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Happy with this trade. We have our new franchise goaltender.

Schneider, unlike Bobrovsky, actually has several seasons of top caliber play under his belt.

Do people realize just how bad our goaltending was last season? If we had Schneider last year we probably would have made the playoffs.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
So, it's a great trade in terms of value. Schneider for the 9th straight up is basically a steal. However, we still really need a star forward prospect.

true, but there's both UFA's and trades today still.

Lou's in deal mode. He rarely stops at 1.

I love this trade. It will make for a lot of armchair coaches this season after every loss as to who should have started, but long term this is solid.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This sucks, i can't believe we did that with Nuchiskin on the board

As I said to EVERYONE on this board several times. Russian factor + character concerns + reported poor interview/combine

Ridiculous risk. When you take a highly touted Russian at this point you have to be prepared to bid against the NHL teams and KHL for his career.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
The Royal Half ‏@theroyalhalf 3m
Cory Schneider for Bo Horvat. Jon Bernier for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, a 2nd Round Pick and $500k.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope we don't do a 3 goalie system like the 8 d last year. Hedberg should NEVER have to play again for us as long as we have Schneider and Marty here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad