Post-Game Talk: Devils 3, Pens 0L Thanks IcedCapp

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Kunitz is at least serviceable with Crosby. Put him with Bonino and Kessel and it's dumpster fire. It basically made us a one line team.

Fleury did us zero favors tonight either.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
We weren't going to run the board so I'm glad it was the devil's we lost to. Sucks that it wasn't even a game.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
+Kessel was our best forward tonight, despite not converting on some chances. Too bad he got zero help from garbage linemates

-Crosby was off tonight
-I have no clue what Bonino and Fehr bring to this team, aside from good penalty killing.
-Kunitz as usual
-Maatta wasn't good
-Sullivan for not trying Crosby-Kessel at even strength among other things
-PP garbage with Malkin
-The boring turtle hockey that the Devils employ

Pretty disappointing loss after such a good streak, but had to expect something like this to occur eventually.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We weren't going to run the board so I'm glad it was the devil's we lost to. Sucks that it wasn't even a game.

I get losing.

I get the shutout.

But, the complete lack of engagement is a major disappointment.

A slightly lesser disappointment was how Sully managed his personnel when things were going badly.

If the Pens drop 2 points on Saturday, it's not going to be pretty (I won't be comfy up 3 on the Wings with 8 to go with our schedule) . . .

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
- ZERO 5 on 5 shifts for Phil with a center EXCEPT Bonino.

The way Crosby was dragging it and Phil was flying in the first period, xCK should've been a line to start the 2nd. I would've made the x Hagelin, since him and Kessel gel together perfectly.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
ROFL a 39 save shutout and it was probably the easiest shutout of his life.

We never challenged him.

And, whenever we had sustained time on the offensive zone, it was on the perimeter.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't expect them to win every game, but to not even score a goal...I don't like that.

Their shots couldn't have been more telegraphed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The way Crosby was dragging it and Phil was flying in the first period, xCK should've been a line to start the 2nd. I would've made the x Hagelin, since him and Kessel gel together perfectly.

Sniper noted in the GDT that the Devils really were collapsing on Sid. It was a full sellout and not the usual cheating. With Sid not feeling it, he needed a winger who could make a play. With Kessel feeling it, he was the winger who could've done that.

That's on Sully. After he's rightfully done chewing this team a new one, he needs to look in the mirror.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Ugh glad I missed this one. We need to get back on a winning streak. Playoffs are still no guarantee.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't expect them to win every game, but to not even score a goal...I don't like that.

Their shots couldn't have been more telegraphed.

You mean like the 3 on 1 where Wedgewood was square to Sid a split second before Letang passed? :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If flower was going to play like this, OK, but letting bad goal, than not being able to make a great hlove save, we amy as well mix him up with Murray it won't get any worse

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Ugh glad I missed this one. We need to get back on a winning streak. Playoffs are still no guarantee.

9 games left.

Detroit has 9 left.

Next game against Detroit.

Drop two points, and you're 3 points up with 8 to go.

Pens have a much harder schedule to close it, and those two against Philly could become must wins really fast.

They blew a huge opportunity to be able to breathe a little.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Fleury was absolute **** tonight. That first stinker he let in was an omen of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad