Devils 3 on 3 Wednesday and Red and White Scrimmage Wednesday and Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
One more year of McCarthy in the NCAA could be beneficial. His progression has been very strong so far, he's getting better with the puck and his defensive play is already at an AHL level. One more NCAA season, one AHL season and McCarthy should be a nice 3rd pairing D in the big show.

I'm worried Holtz is going to receive the post-Zacha backlash of being drafted above players better than him. Holtz will score a lot of goals in the NHL, which is why the Devils drafted him. It's unfair to him to compare him to superior players drafted later like Lundell, Jarvis and Mercer.
If Holtz becomes a 30 goal scorer and maybe 55-60 points overall I don't think too many folks will feel let down if Lundell Jarvis or Mercer become two way guys who can score 60-65 points. I think the criticism some are making is that they see enough flaws with his game to holding his own at even strength turning him into a forward version of Ty Smith. I think he can be a solid scorer with some underrated passing and if he can just make a decent effort in the neutral zone and defensive zone he will do fine for NJ and be well supported by the fanbase.

Saucerhead Tharpe

Jul 18, 2021
TunFaire
Reading through this thread and no mention of Pasic. I thought he was noticably fast out there and competed well. Saw him going into corners and battling hard in spite of size.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If you play it backwards on a record player, it says "I am the devil... I am the devil..."
I'm sure you can find this stuff on YouTube. The best one I recall was Another One Bites the Dust played backwards pretty clearly said "it's fun to smoke marijuana". There was one spot in Stairway where it said something akin to "my sweet Satan" and something else fiendish as well in another spot. The presentation at my college was given by a very devoted fundamentalist group. They were sincere but a bunch of rock and roll college aged kids were not a very good audience for them. it was interesting to hear the backwards stuff. I'm not sure if it had the effect they wanted. They were hoping it would scare us away from the Satanic music but I'm sure most of us just starting running the records backwards (which was hard to do on those old turntables) to see if something else could be found. There was a message buried in the Wall on side three I think but it was meant to be played backwards. It said something like "Congratulations, you have found the secret message send to old pink care of the funny farm"

Edit: shut up old man nobody wants to hear your inane ramblings of what life was like in the era when grown men wore parachute pants.

What if it said "I am glenwo2...I am jesper br...err...I am glenwo2.." :sarcasm:
goo goo ga joob

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: glenwo2

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'm sure you can find this stuff on YouTube. The best one I recall was Another One Bites the Dust played backwards pretty clearly said "it's fun to smoke marijuana". There was one spot in Stairway where it said something akin to "my sweet Satan" and something else fiendish as well in another spot. The presentation at my college was given by a very devoted fundamentalist group. They were sincere but a bunch of rock and roll college aged kids were not a very good audience for them. it was interesting to hear the backwards stuff. I'm not sure if it had the effect they wanted. They were hoping it would scare us away from the Satanic music but I'm sure most of us just starting running the records backwards (which was hard to do on those old turntables) to see if something else could be found. There was a message buried in the Wall on side three I think but it was meant to be played backwards. It said something like "Congratulations, you have found the secret message send to old pink care of the funny farm"

Edit: shut up old man nobody wants to hear your inane ramblings of what life was like in the era when grown men wore parachute pants.

goo goo ga joob
def OT but i loved watching this guy pronounce hockey players' names

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
No, I wouldn't dare even suggest that.

@britdevil may kick my ass if I did.
laughs-in-british-britain.gif

I bet he's too lazy to book the transatlantic flight and then take an Uber to your place. I think you are safe.

muscle-black-guy.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I haven’t watched this yet but I went to part of 3on3.

I was real late for the 3on3 so I didn’t have much to say about the chaos except:

They spelled Casey’s first name wrong on Wednesday too, good to see that attention to detail at work here.

Sounds like a lot of the same guys were good.

Malek is cartoonishly large up close, he definitely
has a size advantage in terms of blocking the puck and he just crush our opponents like Godzilla if it gets dicey.

Did Pytlik play? I ask because people are commenting on other players’ skating and his was the worst that I saw (but I didn’t see 1/4 of the total group very much at all).

It was 3on3 on 1/3 of the ice, so there wasn’t a lot of space and he’s a big guy, but he had a lot of trouble navigating the tight space. A whole lot of trouble.

I’m curious if he looked any better because while I normally don’t put any weight in my Not A Scout impressions of weird non-games, it really looked like he would need a ton of work to make it in pro hockey.

I wondered if my negative reaction could be assuaged by him looking better on larger ice. Also big dudes and agility are often a struggle. (It really looked like a struggle with him though.)

Oden is interesting and noticeable

DF3A37CE-A15C-41F3-848F-BA797996C70D.jpeg

the Q, but he intends to go to university

(unless we give him a contract of sorts?)

I didn’t check his Elite Prospects stats and see his 2022-23 plans until I read your post and now my heart is broken. Boo!

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos

goo goo ga joob
This is why I prefer metal. A lot less work to get to the satanic messaging.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
For those who were upset with the Nemec pick, today you got to see what a stud the kid really is. But he has already proven himself in big tournaments against elite competition. It's rare to draft a RD so good and so polished that he could make the big team in season 1. Would not be surprised one bit that he ends up having the best career of any player from this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad