Devils 3 on 3 Wednesday and Red and White Scrimmage Wednesday and Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Have never been to the 3 on 3 Tournament and Autograph session being held for season ticket holders Wednesday nor have I been to the Red and White scrimmage being held Friday afternoon. Is it worth it? What can I expect if I go?

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Have never been to the 3 on 3 Tournament and Autograph session being held for season ticket holders Wednesday not have I been to the Red and White scrimmage being held Friday afternoon. Is it worth it? What can I expect if I go?
it's a fun event -- no commentary, but you're sitting w fans w a list of the prospects and multiple games are going on - they usually have a shootout contest at the end that's always good for a laugh. if you're really into prospects (like we are here), it's a great event

they should have some food available for purchase

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Red/White Scrimmage is fun. I went in 2016. Lower bowl was relatively filled and the energy was good despite it being an exhibition in June.

BananaGenetics

Jun 29, 2022
What is the thought process on having 3 on 3's? I'd rather see them in at least a 4 on 4 format.
I think its a chance to let the kids show their individual skills and creativity, almost like a brain game for children essentially. You wanna see how they play when they free-flow, it prevents them from tightening up and playing a more system-based game (if you were to do a 5v5 normal scrimmage right away). This way you can begin to pick at their game that you might not see as often, tendencies they hold that could break out in a less formal setting. Im with Gretzky in that a lot of hockey players growing up sometimes are stripped of their creativity

That type of stuff like 5v5 thats truer to the actual game is better fit for later camps where guys are trying to make the team, not with your prospects who likely arent going to make it from this weeks play (most having teams next season already).

At least thats how I see it. Otherwise Im with you, 3v3 is devoid of any actual assessments to be made on a players ability to make the NHL.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
He's listed at 6' even and 192 pounds. I think most folks would say first step quickness and acceleration are his issues at present. I hope whatever weight he put on is targeted and meaningful.
This ^
I hope he didn’t just put on weight for the sake of it.
I’ve seen people out on weight because they’ve been told to but it isn’t helpful weight or done the right way.

He realistically shouldn’t be drastically heavier if he’s doing things the right way.

Reactions: My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It's fun to watch. Like others have mentioned, the 3-on-3 is half-ice and fast. The couple times we went, it was in the practice facility. We could either sit in the stands with netting being the only obstacle or walk around part of the rink. I had my camera with me so I did some of both. I'm no longer a STH and this is one of the few things I miss about it.

First pic is from 2017 - Zetterlund, Nico and Walsh EDIT: Boqvist (thanks Captain3rdLine). Second is from 2018 - Boqvist and Yegor.

IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_2846.jpg

Last edited:

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It's fun to watch. Like others have mentioned, the 3-on-3 is half-ice and fast. The couple times we went, it was in the practice facility. We could either sit in the stands with netting being the only obstacle or walk around part of the rink. I had my camera with me so I did some of both. I'm no longer a STH and this is one of the few things I miss about it.

First pic is from 2017 - Zetterlund, Nico and Walsh. Second is from 2018 - Boqvist and Yegor.

View attachment 567409View attachment 567410
That first pic is Zetterlund, Nico and Boqvist*
Not Walsh

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

First pic is from 2017 - Zetterlund, Nico and Walsh. Second is from 2018 - Boqvist and Yegor.

View attachment 567409View attachment 567410
New gloves and socks but old jersey (that was better smh lol).

I've gone to everyone of the 3 on 3's and a few of the 5 on 5 scrimmages since they started doing it in 2015. They are fun and worth attending 100%. The autographs session after the 3 on 3 is awesome , you are guaranteed to get everyone's autograph/picture with them. You might as well go if you can and get a pic/signed item before these guys make the big club.

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
New gloves and socks but old jersey (that was better smh lol).

I've gone to everyone of the 3 on 3's and a few of the 5 on 5 scrimmages since they started doing it in 2015. They are fun and worth attending 100%. The autographs session after the 3 on 3 is awesome , you are guaranteed to get everyone's autograph/picture with them. You might as well go if you can and get a pic/signed item before these guys make the big club.
Where do they hold it? Prudential Center?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Daws was getting lit up but didn't have the best team around him. Tyce does too much w the puck and fumbled it a few times. Didn't see holtz or foote get many finishes

Schmid looks solid, as does malek
Thanks but you’re forgetting someone notable.

Reactions: Torts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad