Post-Game Talk: Devils 3 - Islander 0: The Bernier and Hedberg Story

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Great game by Moose. But this team needs something offensively. A new look, player...whatever. Just something. It's brutal to watch them offensively out there.

DeBoer needs to put Zajac back with Kovy. And we need another top 6/9 player, if not two. Losing Parise, Sykora and Poni and replace them with nothing but a bunch of borderline NHLers is not acceptable.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He looked good at the point in the third too. The one PP had its best chance with him at the point. He should get some PP time over Greene.

Greene's shot from the point led to the first Bernier goal.

Gritty win. Two thoughts.

1. Time to move Kovalchuk back to left wing. He needs to be able to get into shooting positions more. That is on the left sidenwith his stick towards the goals.

2. Fayne is the lynchpin of this defense. Anyone who wants to trade him is an idiot.

On the PP, yes, I agree. Kovy should be in the left circle as much as possible. At evens, keeping him at RW is fine.

Agreed on Fayne. He keeps it all together.

kiwidevil

I though Greene was our best player apart from Moose. Very strong D play and jumped in nicely.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Definitely need to add a forward. Butler looked good in his Devils debut but he isn't the solution.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Zidlicky was voted the first star? How can the media not vote Moose? Baffling.

Lou needs to get a scoring forward here and keep Butler.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Butler was fine and backchecks well but he could be struggling with positioning. The defensive corps remains a real disappointment, once again unable to hold the blue line, Larsson and Volchenkov with their usual gaffe per game. Glad Fayne is back though. Kovalchuk's playing like he's 40 already.

Not impressed but it's still 2 points.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
I think Butler filled in quite nicely. Provides help on the PP, if we refuse to take our Barch and Double shift Kovy, then with Butler on that line its a threat comapred to Anderson or Tedenby there. We just need 1 more guy. If we can replace barch with a legit forward we can roll 4 lines in most games, and use Barch in physcial games.

But god, our defense needs time to settle and thats not going to happen until a trade is made. I couldnt imagine going day by day not knowing if today is the day that your going to be sitting. No chance to build confidence with your partner, and no chance to gain confidence in your play.

kiwidevil

Anyone get the feeling that our forecheck has been toned a bit? Nowhere near as aggressive and I think the offense is suffering from it.

apice3*

I would give serious consideration to starting Moose on Tuesday. He played well enough today to earn it. Never gonna happen though.

Brodeur has been sat consecutively before. He should be again. Moose earned the start. It's not like he was untested.

apice3*

Anyone get the feeling that our forecheck has been toned a bit? Nowhere near as aggressive and I think the offense is suffering from it.

Our top 5 NHL forechecker is in the Western conference.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Zidlicky was voted the first star? How can the media not vote Moose? Baffling.

Lou needs to get a scoring forward here and keep Butler.

I'm pretty sure Bernier was the first star. Deserved too.

Where were you last year? :sarcasm:

It's a very amusing phrase. I don't know who came up with that LAST SEASON but that guy deserves a gold star.

Saugus, maybe?

I don't think it was me.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Brodeur has been sat consecutively before. He should be again. Moose earned the start. It's not like he was untested.

Other than for a brief stretch after he was still shell-shocked from the MacLean disaster, when's the last time Marty sat two in a row when healthy?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can someone explain to me how ZIDS got voted as the First Star as Devils Dominion pointed out? :huh:

Really? That's even dumber than Jared Boll's ill-gotten first star last year. At least he 'scored'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad