Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don't get the connection? Just we are so excited about Jack Hughes' reaction we want to throw money around?

I don’t really get that connection either; maybe the excitement level to be with and join the franchise is on an upward trend?

Friedman did talk about the video that the Devils produced to send to agents. He said you only make a video like that if you’re trying to make a splash.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I guess it's important not to look like a "mickey mouse" organization, the Arizona, Buffalo, or Seattle of the league and keep the momentum going. Big FA splash helps.

Reactions: Forge

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Signing Hamilton shows we are not sitting on our hands and just content watching our kids develop. We have an awesome core now we add and start to win. With people coming back to areas i then it’s important to build some excitement and get this team moving forward . The next couple years will awesome to witness the team transform and start kicking ass soon

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
too many left puckmovers for one team and we have no option for the right side.
Still doesn't make sense, did you know we won the 1995 Cup with zero righthanded defensemen and the 2000 and 2003 Cups with just one (Rafalski)? I think people put too much weight on lefties and righties when it comes to defense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Still doesn't make sense, did you know we won the 1995 Cup with zero righthanded defensemen and the 2000 and 2003 Cups with just one (Rafalski)? I think people put too much weight on lefties and righties when it comes to defense.

well yeah when you have multiple Hall of Famers on D, you can make up for some things....

Reactions: dk3790 and nugg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Handiness 100% matters on the blue line in today’s game, it doesn’t have to be 3-3 but if you have all one handed dmen unless they’re comfortable with playing on their offside your D core is gonna have problems.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
And Tampa win a cup with Sergachyov on a third pair and Rutta on the first. It is little bit closer example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad