Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sheltered role and gets to play with MacKinnon too.
Hilariously part of his “sheltered” numbers are from the fact that they’re such a good possession team that they get a lot of offensive zone starts and a lot less defensive ones. Must be nice...

Reactions: Hisch13r

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Zacha is still exceedingly mediocre. A week of good production won’t sway me from that belief, how many times does this have to happen? If he can put together an actual extended stretch of good play, that’s another thing.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
First, I am PB and Jealous for those who will be able to attend games. Please be raucous!

I am very curious about the trade deadline. My gut, tells me most transactions will occur well before (with restrictions still in place) and there might not be as many transactions (the flat cap will be an issue). The Devils have some attractive players up for possible trades in Palms, Goose, Zajac but Fitz won’t make moves that don’t make sense. Plus, it’s unlikely Fitz would give up assets for rentals, even if the Devils are in the Hunt. Be prepared for a snooze fest!

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Zacha in his last 100 games - 27 5v5 pts. 1.39 P/60. 44.19 CF%. 42.88 xGF%

Nico - 40 5v5 pts. 1.78 P/60. 47.63 CF%. 50.45 xGF%

Bratt - 41 5v5 pts. 2.08 P/60. 48.44 CF%. 50.56 xGF%

He's a 3rd liner at best at 5v5 who is useful on special teams

Reactions: Jets012 and Blender

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
those Severson stats are kind of absurd

obviously still early, but if he keeps this up he should get some Norris talk which is crazy
I mean compared to the other top d man on there, including Makar who’s much more sheltered, I’d say he should be the front runner.

he also should get a look for team Canada next year along with Blackwood

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not copying and pasting the whole email but season ticket holders have first dibs on tickets, I have a window when I can purchase tickets but since I have an odd number of seats I'd either have to leave someone home or eat a ticket. Not something I'm going to complain about since I'm not buying tickets but that's definitely going to affect some people.

Here's the rest of the important stuff...
Following the Devils Black and Red Membership priority window, all remaining tickets will be released to the general public on Friday, February 26th at 11AM. Information on how to purchase tickets for games beyond the month of March will be communicated at a later date.

The Devils and Prudential Center have diligently worked with local health and government officials to implement industry-leading standards and protocols to ensure your safety. The Prudential Center Pledgeoutlines all that we’ve done to prepare for the return of fans to the venue as well as what we need you to do to keep you and your fellow patrons safe.
Some of the key initiatives include:

Temperature checks of all guests entering the building 

Mask wearing at all times (except while actively eating or drinking in your assigned seat)

Hand sanitizer dispensing stations readily available 

Staggered entry and exit process to enhance social distancing

A “no bag” policy to reduce contact upon your entrance

Mobile ticketing to ensure a contactless entry 

6’ socially distanced seating “neighborhoods”

Contactless payment options starting with your parking experience and throughout the arena 

Additional Guest Services Members who are specifically trained to ensure compliance for our fans regarding all health and safety protocols 

Fans can order concessions items via their mobile device, with individually wrapped, single-serve menu options available for contactless pickup in sealed bags. Please note that there are no all-inclusive seating options currently at Prudential Center

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I'll take it and then trade that player away at the peak of their value. What are their next 100 games going to look like?

So the kinda guy that instantly sells his shares once the stock prices go up a bit, and will never make any real profit cause he’s too afraid to lose any money.

Maybe Zacha is just getting started, we’ve held on to him for so long that trading him now only to see him become a 60pts two-way top6 player in another team would suck big time..

Reactions: New Jersey Devils

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So the kinda guy that instantly sells his shares once the stock prices go up a bit, and will never make any real profit cause he’s too afraid to lose any money.

Maybe Zacha is just getting started, we’ve held on to him for so long that trading him now only to see him become a 60pts two-way top6 player in another team would suck big time..

Or maybe it is a mirage and it is likely his ceiling because his underlying numbers don’t support it.

Just like a stock you have to look at the fundamentals to see if that price spike is sustainable or just a peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad