Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm rolling my season ticket money over instead, have no interest in attending a game in an atmosphere that will be even worse than a pre-season game.

Very surprised they aren't requiring negative tests since the tri-state area usually all does the same things but don't really care since I'm not attending either way.

Last edited:

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
At this level good pp teams will make overly aggressive pk teams look silly, but I guess right now it’s better than just waiting the other team to score. Maybe something in the middle, aggressive before they settle down and then smart formation forcing them to take shots from lower risk locations. But in the end you really need good players, goalies who eat rebounds, defenders who clear rebounds, tie opposition front of the net, forwards who bait and intercept passes.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I'm rolling my season ticket money over instead, have no interest in attending a game in an atmosphere that will be even worse than a pre-season game.

Very surprised they aren't requiring negative tests since the tri-state area usually all does the same things.
Not to get too much into the weeds with it, but if you think about any number of places open right now that allow people in without a negative test, an arena at 10% capacity probably has a lot more room to keep your distance than most. I get the optics of other states doing it and them not, but other than that it's not that big of a deal.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Will be interesting to see what they do with tickets. I assume STH get first dibs.

It will definitely be STH first dibs, then if there's anything left it will roll over to the general public. Knicks/Rangers had trouble selling their allotments out to just their STH base but they are requiring negative tests which is a huge hassle to go to the game for most people.

Definitely don't see our allotments even making it to a general since their are no test requirements.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not to get too much into the weeds with it, but if you think about any number of places open right now that allow people in without a negative test, an arena at 10% capacity probably has a lot more room to keep your distance than most. I get the optics of other states doing it and them not, but other than that it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah I don't have an opinion either way because tests or not I wasn't planning on going. Maybe if we make the conference finals or cup finals (lmfao)

Not jumping into the weeds either but just saying Cuomo and Murphy have generally been on the same page with all this stuff so that's the only reason why I'm surprised that they aren't requiring the tests.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah I don't have an opinion either way because tests or not I wasn't planning on going. Maybe if we make the conference finals or cup finals (lmfao)

Not jumping into the weeds either but just saying Cuomo and Murphy have generally been on the same page with all this stuff so that's the only reason why I'm surprised that they aren't requiring the tests.
Yea good point, maybe Murphy is trying to break away from him now lol.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Murphy is in re-election season. Thats why hes been more lenient on thing's like indoor dining etc. Not to make this political but I think the governor struck the perfect balance during this entire pandemic.

I will definitely be looking to go to a game, will be once in a lifetime experience (or so I hope haha)

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017

Even prior to the pandemic I was not spending 3 hours in a restaurant, mall, or anywhere else for that matter.

Let me know when the owners attend a game.

Reactions: Darkauron

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
Another example of NJ getting the jump on NY. Obviously not asking for a test is different than sports gambling and weed, but it strikes a similar chord to me. Especially when New York lawmakers continue to bitch about the budget and then vote against things that would bring in more revenue when a large population of the state can take a quick ride over the border and give their money to someone else.

Definitely going to try to go to one this season just to experience the weirdness.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Eu2Mzo-XAAQEvTi

d0d344282da90de5f0aa01e82da9adfa.gif

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sheltered role and gets to play with MacKinnon too.
Severson's underlying offensive stats are comparable or better to Makar's, while playing vastly more difficult minutes, but the scoring isn't there.

Makar having 6 power play points compared with Severson's 1 seems like the difference here.

Derps

Jul 1, 2018
Severson's underlying offensive stats are comparable or better to Makar's, while playing vastly more difficult minutes, but the scoring isn't there.

Makar having 6 power play points compared with Severson's 1 seems like the difference here.

Severson is abysmal on the PP so it makes sense.

He's such a unicorn. I have never really seen a player have such a disparity between how good they are 5v5 and how bad they are 5v4 & 4v5. This is also part of my hesitation to call him a 1D like a lot of people on this board and on other social medias throw around.

He's a top pairing guy 5v5. He's on a great contract. But he has major pitfalls to his game that top defenseman in this league just do not have. And until he corrects those, he's not in that company imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad