Nov 6, 2005
PA
My realistic dream offseason:
Acquire Yanni Gourde for peanuts from tampa
Sign Brendan Dillon to a 3 year deal
Acquire Vince Dunn for one of the 1sts
Sign Cam Talbot to a 2 year deal
Bratt and Blackwood get 6 year extensions at reasonable price tags

I would not mind Gourde or Killorn whatsoever...and I think they are realistic targets (though both have NTC)
Dillon and Dunn I would be totally cool with
I would prefer Khudobin to Talbot but neither would be a bad option.
I would be okay locking Bratt up longterm but I might want to wait on Blackwood. I would probably give him a bridge deal for something like 2 years, $5 million total

Reactions: Darkauron

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
I would not mind Gourde or Killorn whatsoever...and I think they are realistic targets (though both have NTC)
Dillon and Dunn I would be totally cool with
I would prefer Khudobin to Talbot but neither would be a bad option.
I would be okay locking Bratt up longterm but I might want to wait on Blackwood. I would probably give him a bridge deal for something like 2 years, $5 million total

Yeah thats fair on Blackwood, I just want to look at the window we will have in 2-3 years and try to have a goalie who is elite (who i think Blackwood will be) at a great price. Khudobin i would love over Talbot too I just dont personally believe he hits the market.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I posted some combination of this before, but here is my brief offseason plan. I would like to sign a winger but just not sure how realistic that is which is why we end up with Boqvist on the top line (for now). I would also like to buy out Schneider, but I just don't see them doing that so he ends up in Binghamton with Senn.

KEEP IN MIND the trade targets are placeholders and can be used for any similar type of player....these were just a few of the ideas I had for players from teams with cap crunches moving forward.

TRADES
CAR 2020 3rd to TB for RW Alex Killorn (might not even cost that much given Tampa's cap crunch but we'll use it as a placeholder)
VAN 2020 1st to STL for LD Vince Dunn, C Tyler Bozak, and STL 2020 3rd (this was a trade that was agreed to by a few Blues fans on the trade board recently)
Miles Wood at the draft anywhere for a mid round pick

This would leave our picks at NJ 1st, ARZ 1st, STL 3rd, NJ 4th, BOS 4th, NJ 5th, NJ 6th, NJ 7th (and potentially another mid rounder for Wood as well)

SIGNINGS
Brenden Dillon (4 years, $20 million)
Anton Khudobin (2 years, $7 million)
Vince Dunn (RFA 2 years, $5 million)
Jesper Bratt (RFA 2 years, $6 million)
Mackenzie Blackwood (RFA 2 years, $5 million)
Nick Merkley (RFA 1 year, $900k)
sidenote- I would not qualify Mueller and would let him hit UFA

LINEUP
Boqvist ($0.925)-Hischier ($7.25)-Palmieri ($4.65)
Gusev ($4.5)-Zacha ($2.25)-Bratt ($3)
Hughes ($0.925)-Bozak ($5)-Killorn ($4.45) (yes, Hughes on the wing I know I know...but just go with it)
Kuokkanen ($0.811)-Zajac ($5.75)-Anderson ($0.925)
McLeod ($0.863), Merkley ($0.9)

Dillon ($5)-Severson ($4.16)
Dunn ($2.5)-Subban ($9)
Butcher ($3.73)-T. Smith ($0.894) (yes I know this pairing might not work, I am just showing it for roster purposes not lineup purposes)
Carrick ($1.5)

Blackwood ($2.5)
Khudobin ($3.5)

This roster puts us at around $75 million cap wise which leaves plenty enough room. Then keep in mind that with this above roster, the following players would be gone after the season (as it stands right now):
Zajac
Palmieri
Gusev
Bozak

That is $20 million right there. Obviously we probably want to re-sign some of these guys, but just goes to show you that the cap flexibility we have right now is one positive thing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Cory is a full time roster player next season or even starts the season on the roster, we’re clearly not trying to win games or be a good team. It means we’re going into the season with management saying it’s not going to be a successful one.

We tried this last year and it was evident even before Halloween that it was the wrong decision.

Reactions: glenwo2

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I posted some combination of this before, but here is my brief offseason plan. I would like to sign a winger but just not sure how realistic that is which is why we end up with Boqvist on the top line (for now). I would also like to buy out Schneider, but I just don't see them doing that so he ends up in Binghamton with Senn.

KEEP IN MIND the trade targets are placeholders and can be used for any similar type of player....these were just a few of the ideas I had for players from teams with cap crunches moving forward.

TRADES
CAR 2020 3rd to TB for RW Alex Killorn (might not even cost that much given Tampa's cap crunch but we'll use it as a placeholder)
VAN 2020 1st to STL for LD Vince Dunn, C Tyler Bozak, and STL 2020 3rd (this was a trade that was agreed to by a few Blues fans on the trade board recently)

This would leave our picks at NJ 1st, ARZ 1st, STL 3rd, NJ 4th, BOS 4th, NJ 5th, NJ 6th, NJ 7th (and potentially another mid rounder for Wood as well)

SIGNINGS

LINEUP
Hughes ($0.925)-Bozak ($5)-Killorn ($4.45) (yes, Hughes on the wing I know I know...but just go with it)

Dunn ($2.5)-Subban ($9)
Butcher ($3.73)-T. Smith ($0.894) (yes I know this pairing might not work, I am just showing it for roster purposes not lineup purposes)
Carrick ($1.5)

Blackwood ($2.5)
Khudobin ($3.5)

This roster puts us at around $75 million cap wise which leaves plenty enough room. Then keep in mind that with this above roster, the following players would be gone after the season (as it stands right now):
Zajac
Palmieri
Gusev
Bozak

That is $20 million right there. Obviously we probably want to re-sign some of these guys, but just goes to show you that the cap flexibility we have right now is one positive thing.
from your mouth to tom's ears

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

TRADES

SIGNINGS

LINEUP

Dunn ($2.5)-Subban ($9)
Carrick ($1.5)

Blackwood ($2.5)
Khudobin ($3.5)

Zajac
Palmieri
Gusev
Bozak

giphy.gif

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

TRADES

SIGNINGS

LINEUP

Dunn ($2.5)-Subban ($9)
Carrick ($1.5)

Blackwood ($2.5)
Khudobin ($3.5)

Zajac
Palmieri
Gusev
Bozak

i like the players for the most part, but if boqvist is on our top line and zacha is our 2C, we’re probably in trouble. so i would just change the line combos a bit. defense looks solid though

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Get Yanni Gourde instead of Killorn and put him with Hughes to get a great defensive center to take some draws and handle the forecheck/board battles. Palmieri could fit there too if we play Gusev with the top line.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Gourde is another midget though. I like him as a player but I would much rather have a big bodied winger than another 5'9'' guy

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
My realistic dream offseason:
Acquire Yanni Gourde for peanuts from tampa
Sign Brendan Dillon to a 3 year deal
Acquire Vince Dunn for one of the 1sts
Sign Cam Talbot to a 2 year deal
Bratt and Blackwood get 6 year extensions at reasonable price tags

Don't have any interest in Gourde given that contract runs for five more years and I'd argue he has no real top end potential to be anything more than a .5 ppg type person.

I'm in on the rest though.

Reactions: MikeyFlynn

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Gourde is another midget though. I like him as a player but I would much rather have a big bodied winger than another 5'9'' guy

I feel like he's already regressing, and his contract goes for 5 more years. I'm just out on that. No way that contract ages well in my opinion. Just go grab Johnsson from Toronto for peanuts...you'll probably get a similar production and value without tying up as much money or for as long and I certainly don't want to pay that for his defense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
speaking of Tampa's forward depth, go and take a look at who the Devils drafted like 5 picks before Brayden Point went

(yes I know all teams passed on him etc etc but this is hilarious)

Reactions: Bleedred

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I still don’t understand why we wouldn’t prefer Killorn from Tampa

I would for sure if we are talking between Killorn and Gourde. I want no piece of the latter. I think Killorn is the type of guy we should definitely add. He's not a long term solution, of course, but he would immediately help the team, maybe bring some good culture to the room, etc. He can be had for a song.

If we don't add him, that's fine, but I think it's a sensible addition as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad