Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Our depth on D is really concerning. Don't we go thru 10 defensemen on average in a season? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.

That’s why you hang on to Carrick and Mueller you can get a lot worse as far as 7th or 8th Dman go then those two. Mainly because there’s not much in the minors at the moment. I would think Jacobs will be the first call up but I also know Ray will have some vet camp invites on D.

Reactions: nugg and Billdo

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That’s why you hang on to Carrick and Mueller you can get a lot worse as far as 7th or 8th Dman go then those two. Mainly because there’s not much in the minors at the moment. I would think Jacobs will be the first call up but I also know Ray will have some vet camp invites on D.

With 7 waiver-eligible defensemen and Ty Smith, I don't think there's any need to invite anyone. Maybe the hope would be that Carrick would pass through waivers if needed but that shouldn't be the plan.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So 100% of the arbitration eligible RFA's filed. What is it with this franchise? Even Zajac had to file.

It's not just us. Plenty of players file for it, but almost always get signed before their hearings. It's kind of part of the process at this point.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
we absolutely should not sign Jake Gardiner
To be honest, i don't think he's as bad as he's been made out to be. He's basically villainized by the Toronto fans and media. He has the same problem as Severson - his mistakes are glaring. His defense is probably somewhere on par with Severson.

My problem with him is that we already have too many offensive minded defensemen. He wouldn't fit next to PK, Severson, or Vats so I think it would be a really bad idea to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad