Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I'm not too familiar with Gardiner outside of two things:

1. He's a puck-moving defenseman, which fits the Shero mold for that position
2. His flaws got overblown by playing in Toronto and the media anger that comes with it

Still, I think they should focus on getting another winger.
Im also a fan who think Gardiner gets way too much shit and hes a near top pair dman

Problem is I see him as a Severson with slightly better defense, and idk if his defense is good enough to put with Subban

Though I wont lie, this looks so much better:

Gardiner-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Smith or whatever side Ty wans to play

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Come to think of it, Gardiner would be a great add minus a terrible deal
Hes a Shero dman and while we wouldnt have a strong backend DEFENSIVELY, they sure as f*** wouldnt get hemmed in their own zone lol

Move Vatanen for assets

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Idk what we do before October but whatever it is, trade/signing/roster shuffling, it better have Greene outside the top-4 and playing top PK, while maybe sometimes taking top-4 minutes in a game where were up by one with a minute or two left

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
I really wish Smith was AHL eligible. I question whether or not he is ready for a full year in the NHL and he certainly has NOTHING left to prove in juniors.
I think he is and were being a bit too tempered on our expectations of him

Look at McAvoy as an example. I think Ty gets close to that. I mean the kid nearly made it last year and won CHL/WHL dman of the year while supposedly being the best defensively out of the top-5 dmen taken in his draft after Dahlin (and MAYBE Dobson)

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
A while ago, somebody on the Devils subreddit make a rundown of comparisons to Ty Smith, and the "worst" case scenario of everyone brought up was second-pairing defenseman. He'll be fine. He may not blow the league away in year one, but don't worry about him.

kiwidevil

I don't see Shero doing an offer sheet.
In the past he's talked about how crazy it is, how valuable GM's say their 1st rounders are, then they flip them put like candy at the deadline for rentals.

Can't see him being comfortable with not having a first for 4 years.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think people questioning him being there are questioning if the club needs to see him in development camp. He's "proven" himself in some eyes I suppose. This is all me guessing though so forgive me if I misspoke on others behalf.
It's not really that (at least not JUST that). It's that it looks like we'll already have 4 other goalies for the camp.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think he is and were being a bit too tempered on our expectations of him

Look at McAvoy as an example. I think Ty gets close to that. I mean the kid nearly made it last year and won CHL/WHL dman of the year while supposedly being the best defensively out of the top-5 dmen taken in his draft after Dahlin (and MAYBE Dobson)
I honestly think that part of the reason he was sent back last year is that we would have had to expose him in the expansion draft if he played last year. Now he's exempt, so it's one less worry. WE may not think ahead like that often, but I think Shero and co. do.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Are these guys legit at all?

I saw some reputable people following them, but I don't trust them. Also, I think I scrolled down and saw something like "remember, you heard it here first" which screams Eklund-like guy.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
I saw some reputable people following them, but I don't trust them. Also, I think I scrolled down and saw something like "remember, you heard it here first" which screams Eklund-like guy.

They are definitely seeking credit but ive followed throughout the last few weeks and it’s been solid. I think it’s a trustworthy source for sure.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It is not hard to follow the league close and to invent plausible rumors that will get fan bases interested. How people continually fall for this, I am not quite sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->