Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
literally doesnt - but sure lets add more defenseman who are poor in their own zone
He is not poor in his own zone...Prior to this year he was a guy considered top 5 Dman in the league. Just because you are offensively talented and creative does not equate to being weak defensively.

Reactions: TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Problem is it could be too late.

I sure as hell hope we dont rush and make half-smart additions like Trouba and Subban simply to make upgrades.

Its just odd. People comment Shero was rightfully patient or couldnt find the right moves - yet somehow he can make all the right moves in the most crucial offseason yet no problem
It takes two to make a deal work, that is how its always been, but when you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel you can be a little bolder with your moves because of the fact that you are supplementing your good scouting and drafting with FA pieces or trades to finish the roster. You don't have to worry as much about tying big money into a guy that doesn't really help you win because the team is not ready to win, I feel like we are ready now and I would bet Shero is to.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He is not poor in his own zone...Prior to this year he was a guy considered top 5 Dman in the league. Just because you are offensively talented and creative does not equate to being weak defensively.
PK Subban is not good defensively

What next, Erik Karlsson is good defensively because hes a top 5 dmam?

Theres a reason Subban doesnt play the last minutes of a game protecting a lead

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
It takes two to make a deal work, that is how its always been, but when you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel you can be a little bolder with your moves because of the fact that you are supplementing your good scouting and drafting with FA pieces or trades to finish the roster. You don't have to worry as much about tying big money into a guy that doesn't really help you win because the team is not ready to win, I feel like we are ready now and I would bet Shero is to.
More excuses for why Shero was inactive

Its all hogwash. The man couldnt scrap a deal together and now will likely have to pay extra to do so in time for next seasons start

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
literally doesnt - but sure lets add more defenseman who are poor in their own zone
I know we read the same regarding Trouba, but I think Subban would be our best d-man hands down.

Is he poor in his own zone? I don't know that. I mean he's not a defense first and foremost guy, but Lovejoy was that, and I doubt that is what people want.

If we could somehow make this trade around Vats plus a little, and make out because Nashville is a little cap strapped I'd be all over it.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Id rather let Taylor go for futures than waste assets trying to fit dmen who dont fit our current roster like Subban and Trouba

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Anaheim is trying to move Perry. Would you guys take his 8.6 hit for two more years if they gave us a first this year? I'm inclined to say yes.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
PK Subban is not good defensively

What next, Erik Karlsson is good defensively because hes a top 5 dmam?

Theres a reason Subban doesnt play the last minutes of a game protecting a lead

So who do you want? You complain constantly about how Shero didn't fix the defense, then complain about every defenseman people bring up as a possible upgrade.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And for the record, when leading(ie protecting a lead), Subban, on average played more minutes per game then any rhd on Nashville.

Only Ekholm (6:47 per) played more then Subban (6:32) amongst all d-men .

Last year PK led all Nashville D-men. Edit: that goes for the year prior as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDuke93

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Anaheim is trying to move Perry. Would you guys take his 8.6 hit for two more years if they gave us a first this year? I'm inclined to say yes.
why are we still taking on cap dumps if we plan on making upgrades?

Its one or the other. Either we start pushing for continual playoffs or we move Taylor and continue piling futures

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So who do you want? You complain constantly about how Shero didn't fix the defense, then complain about every defenseman people bring up as a possible upgrade.
Because nobody is bringing up LHD

I have yet to shoot down a single LHD besides Gardiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad