Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Does anyone else here not care they posted the picture at all, but at the same time not care about people caring about it? Or am I the weird one?

I just care that there seems to be no alcoholic beverages in sight. They need to get good and drunk together and work this trash out. That’s what Giroux and the Flyers apparently did the other year when they were dropping every single game...and it worked.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It’s an optics issue. It displays a lack of awareness. This is not the time to post feel good photos of the team out at dinner. People should mind their own business when it comes to this kind of stuff, I agree, but PK is the one who decided to make it public.

Their optics awareness is about on par with their on ice awareness.

Maybe because he is a human being and has a life outside of hockey?

I absolutely cannot believe some of the things I read in this thread on the last 2 pages. Good gravy.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Any idea on what the injury was or is as to Nico?

Big question looking forward to the Ranger game.
Excuse me sir, we are busy. The guys posted a picture online after a loss, we need to discuss for at least another 3 pages to hash out if it was the right thing to do or not.

The health of Nico is not a concern right now.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i’ve always felt that they should shackle the players to huge metal pipes in the pru center basement between games.

tenor.gif

Reactions: glenwo2 and Japam

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Maybe because he is a human being and has a life outside of hockey?

I absolutely cannot believe some of the things I read in this thread on the last 2 pages. Good gravy.
And he has to post that life on social media?
Straight dystopia we live in with this social media shit. There’s no need to publicize their Feel good dinner, especially at a time when they are an embarrassment in their profession.

I have no problem with them going out to dinner, they have lives I get it. That’s not what it’s about. It’s basic optics.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It’s an optics issue. It displays a lack of awareness. This is not the time to post feel good photos of the team out at dinner. People should mind their own business when it comes to this kind of stuff, I agree, but PK is the one who decided to make it public.

Their optics awareness is about on par with their on ice awareness.
So if a picture was posted with them all inside their garages with their cars running and tears running down their faces some of you would rather see that than guys having dinner?

Reactions: glenwo2

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Something that crossed my mind, not sure if it's been brought up before, does anyone think there was too much extra pressure on the team to come out of the gate winning to satisfy Hall's need to win to sign an extension?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Straight dystopia we live in with this social media ****. There’s no need to publicize their Feel good dinner, especially at a time when they are an embarrassment in their profession.

I have no problem with them going out to dinner, they have lives I get it. That’s not what it’s about. It’s basic optics.

I will make sure to tell him to run what he does in his life by you next time since you clearly know better.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
So if a picture was posted with them all inside their garages with their cars running and tears running down their faces some of you would rather see that than guys having dinner?

The point is pretty simple to understand. When you’re an embarrassment and you’re the joke of the week/month where fans pay good money to see you do your job, you shouldn’t be posting shit on social media that gives the impression that everything is going according to plan. Does that mean they can’t go out and do whatever? Absolutely not, but you should feel semi embarrassed knowing your followers are the same ones booing your ass because you can’t deliver the 9M$ contract you’re getting.

This need to show the world your life by the second is a sad thing. He’s not a high school cheerleader and I’m starting to understand why so many of his teammates aren’t his biggest fan.

It seems it’s all about the off ice fluff more so then anything else.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The point is pretty simple to understand. When you’re an embarrassment and you’re the joke of the week/month where fans pay good money to see you do your job, you shouldn’t be posting **** on social media that gives the impression that everything is going according to plan. Does that mean they can’t go out and do whatever? Absolutely not, but you should feel semi embarrassed knowing your followers are the same ones booing your ass because you can’t deliver the 9M$ contract you’re getting.

This need to show the world your life by the second is a sad thing. He’s not a high school cheerleader and I’m starting to understand why so many of his teammates aren’t his biggest fan.

you know that you don't need to follow him or look at his social media, right? But I guess thats the world we live in nowadays.

"I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING SO I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE NO ONE CAN ENJOY IT!!"

really, really sad.

ESPECIALLY you, since you were one of the biggest "we should trade for Subban" people this offseason

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It’s really sad to see that the devils pr team is more successful then the actual team itself. It feels like bring it on when the football team stunk and everyone went to the game to cheer the cheerleaders on.

Have a great team for years and Lou didn’t do off ice stuff. Now we have a great pr team and doing amazing things (kids yesterday) and the team stinks. Imagine if we had both years ago

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The point is pretty simple to understand. When you’re an embarrassment and you’re the joke of the week/month where fans pay good money to see you do your job, you shouldn’t be posting **** on social media that gives the impression that everything is going according to plan. Does that mean they can’t go out and do whatever? Absolutely not, but you should feel semi embarrassed knowing your followers are the same ones booing your ass because you can’t deliver the 9M$ contract you’re getting.

So because he posted it it's his fault and you're taking shots at him? What about the dozen other TEAMMATES in the pic? Now we are transitioning from "tHe OpTiCs" of the photo to Subban being the poster and his teammates don't like him because he's posting on Instagram.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Straight dystopia we live in with this social media ****. There’s no need to publicize their Feel good dinner, especially at a time when they are an embarrassment in their profession.

I don’t care they go out to eat that’s fine. My problem is they went to nyc to eat? They shove all this jersey stuff in our face at the game. Pk says he plays for jersey not ny and they go to the city to eat? That’s fine but don’t post it then.
You can’t find a jersey place to eat?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
you know that you don't need to follow him or look at his social media, right? But I guess thats the world we live in nowadays.

really, really sad.

ESPECIALLY you, since you were one of the biggest "we should trade for Subban" people this offseason
Clearly one doesn't need to be following him to come across the pic...this is the internet age, it made its way onto this board for example. I have no interest in following anyone on twitter, including any of the Devils, but posting it on Twitter basically does make it public.

What a society we live in...social media is f***ing poison and this is just example # 1578322.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

really, really sad.

I don’t follow him or anyone else because I have my own life to live and wasting my time watching what someone else is doing is a major head scratcher to me... but I guess that’s a cool thing now, which is sad.

I was and I still am a PK fan but his play so far has been below average but his partner (your boy Severson!) is the main reason why he’s looked abysmal. I’m not against Subban but there’s a time and place to share your daily activities with the world and I don’t think it’s the time when you’re winless in 6 games to start your season, you’re supposed to be one of the main pieces to our team and you’re not living up to your standards.

You seem to mix a lot of easy points I or anyone else seems to make when it doesn’t fit your narrative. Maybe if you tried to analyze the global situation instead of reacting without any judgement, you wouldn’t look so...

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Any idea on what the injury was or is as to Nico?

Big question looking forward to the Ranger game.
I didn't notice anything during the game, but if you go to the NHL's instagram page and look at the goal of the night (Bratt's goal) you can see Nico is some pain when Bratt goes to the bench. 25 seconds into the video...

Last edited:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Back in my day if we did a bad day at work we felt shame that we didn't make someone at the top three more quarters while we put in all the effort. We drank until we couldn't feel emotions then had violent rage fits. Now men were men back then. We didn't eat no stinkin dinners, no sir. We sat in silence and defined ourselves by the people we were serfs to. We didn't even wear ice skates, we slid on the ice with our bare feet. We only got to eat when we won.

Kids these days, the entitled ones, judging their worth by their humanity and not their servitude, the horror of it all. A bunch of soft babies, the lot of them. Eating dinner. Psh.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Billdo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->