Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I am wondering if Goose and Palms get dealt now.

I wouldn't deal goose. His value could actually go up next year even with the lack of term because he'll have a better sample of what he actually is. I just don't think anyone is shelling out for him this season.

I'm assuming we will listen on palms, but probably not in a hurry to trade him. Has to be the right offer

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
With Coleman gone, do we immediately insert Merkley in his spot? Or consider recalling Boqvist. I don't want to see Wood as a 2nd liner.

Bratt - Hischier - Palmieri
Merkley - Zajac - Gusev
Zacha - Hughes - Simmonds
Wood - Rooney - Anderson

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fitz is emphatically saying the team will be competitive next year. Said it multiple times.

was not shopping Coleman, but the calls were coming and offers climbing you had to do it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fitz said we don’t need to start over. We have two big pieces down the middle and another “we saw tonight in goal”.

We have holes and his job is to fill those holes.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Hischier, Hughes and Blackwood are the central pieces.

Need to add a d-man to that core. That would be a great start, if Fitz can pull it off.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
so yea the obvious was said. No one is actively being shopped. Fitz is not trading guys just to trade them, only if it will make the team better.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Weird season it's been. Buy high with Subban and Gusev. Then Hall decides not to re-sign which helps triggers Hall, Coleman, Greene trade and likely Vatanen and possibly Gusev/Palmeiri.

This season could have been massively different if a solid back up goalie was added and Hynes was fired in the off season. Hence the firing of Ray Shero.

Reactions: Oneiro

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I think Vatanen will get a first, but the current injury may push his value down.
I think the best we can hope for is a conditional 2nd + prospect.

Minimum is a 2nd round pick but if the team makes the Stanley Cup finals or Vatanen is re-signed then it converts to a 1st.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
With Coleman gone, do we immediately insert Merkley in his spot? Or consider recalling Boqvist. I don't want to see Wood as a 2nd liner.

Bratt - Hischier - Palmieri
Merkley - Zajac - Gusev
Zacha - Hughes - Simmonds
Wood - Rooney - Anderson

Id give him a look there. I was just thinking Zajac and Gusev need a new gritty workhorse who can make some plays in the process. And that is not Miles Wood.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Id give him a look there. I was just thinking Zajac and Gusev need a new gritty workhorse who can make some plays in the process. And that is not Miles Wood.

Miles destroyed that line tonight. Gusev look bewildered trying to figure out what the hell Wood was going to do or was doing. I would much rather see just about anyone else there. Merkley would be fine.

Reactions: nugg and Darkauron

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Miles destroyed that line tonight. Gusev look bewildered trying to figure out what the hell Wood was going to do or was doing. I would much rather see just about anyone else there. Merkley would be fine.

3 on 1 they had was such a good example of that. Goose had no where to go on that play with Wood and Zajac guaranteed to flub any pass their way.

Zacha was also awful tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad