Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The guy has worked in probably 20 arenas at this point and you expect him to know the layout of all of them?

Given the amount of hate this guy received on message boards, I'll assume there's some truth to this - not that any of those people did anything, but certainly the attitude of '**** this guy' was prevalent.

Honestly I think he's entirely full of bs just like the most of the article. I'll give him one ounce of credit for being an attention seeker before his time now that social media gives an outlet and forum for any and every dip shit that wants it.

I also think it shows how stupid most front offices are for paying this guy over 1k to do this nonsense when an intern or someone in the game operations department could have done the same thing for free or a lot less money.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Honestly I think he's entirely full of bs just like the most of the article. I'll give him one ounce of credit for being an attention seeker before his time now that social media gives an outlet and forum for any and every dip **** that wants it.

I also think it shows how stupid most front offices are for paying this guy over 1k to do this nonsense when an intern or someone in the game operations department could have done the same thing for free or a lot less money.

you are going to be hard pressed to find someone willing to do what he does in front of 15,000 people esp for free or less then what he was getting paid.

what this guy did wrong is he should've branched out and hired other dancers so that it kept the illusion instead of the same guy showing up to games

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
you are going to be hard pressed to find someone willing to do what he does in front of 15,000 people esp for free or less then what he was getting paid.

what this guy did wrong is he should've branched out and hired other dancers so that it kept the illusion instead of the same guy showing up to games

There are plenty of people that make fools out of themselves on the video boards every game for free lol

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Honestly I think he's entirely full of bs just like the most of the article. I'll give him one ounce of credit for being an attention seeker before his time now that social media gives an outlet and forum for any and every dip **** that wants it.

Honestly, this guy is worth $1k to have in for special occasions. The crowd blows up when he starts doing his thing, way more than anything the team does.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Eh, I think he’s just a performer like any other. His dancing is spastic as hell but I still couldn’t do it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
On a related note: Was NJD hiring a midget last season (to pass off as a little kid) who would amp up the crowd like crazy last year... or was that a legit kid who was crazy good at it?

At first I thought it was random, but his act was really good. Then I saw him at a second game.....

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
On a related note: Was NJD hiring a midget last season (to pass off as a little kid) who would amp up the crowd like crazy last year... or was that a legit kid who was crazy good at it?

At first I thought it was random, but his act was really good. Then I saw him at a second game.....

he has been on the board this year too. Appears legit and not faked but who knows.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If he ever walked by 233 back then I'm sure that happened.

I was a STH back then and 100% remember this Cameron guy.

Trust me, after the 6th or 7th time it got old, but for the casual fan that only comes to a few games a year & not realize he's there all the time, they loved it, so it's all good.

As for the level of abuse he claims? I also seriously doubt it happened, but then I thought with the sub-human Neanderthals in 233 it's actually possible.

I still kind of doubt it happened, but if it did, 233.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I'm pretty sure that's just a fan who really enjoyed hyping up the crowd.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Trust me, after the 6th or 7th time it got old, but for the casual fan that only comes to a few games a year & not realize he's there all the time, they loved it, so it's all good.

As for the level of abuse he claims? I also seriously doubt it happened, but then I thought with the sub-human Neanderthals in 233 it's actually possible.

I don't ever remember him doing his bit anywhere but the lower bowl.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, it's hard not to love that Zacha-Nico-Bratt line.

If they can stay together for a few years, I could see good things happening on a playoff run.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah, it's hard not to love that Zacha-Nico-Bratt line.

If they can stay together for a few years, I could see good things happening on a playoff run.

it makes a lot of sense. It’s a line that can stay together and allow NJ to build another line around HUGHES. Maybe JBo develops well enough to play with him and they find a big physical RW who likes to shoot. BASTIAN? Assuming MBW is the real thing they will have to build a defense but that’s four players not six and maybe Smith will be one of the four.

Reactions: nugg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

ironically, wouldn't not hiring because he's a midget be wrong too? as in, if he was hired, maybe he just wanted to be someone who could hype the crowd

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
There are plenty of people that make fools out of themselves on the video boards every game for free lol

that’s a couple seconds that is spontaneous and is over before it starts. A little different when you know all eyes are on you and expecting something from your little routine.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

As is with everything in life moderation and timing are key. You can’t be using him on a Tuesday night in November against the yotes

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
ironically, wouldn't not hiring because he's a midget be wrong too? as in, if he was hired, maybe he just wanted to be someone who could hype the crowd

A win-win for him!

No offense to any midgets out there, of course. All I know is that the little guy out there was good at pumping the crowd... :)

Reactions: OmNomNom

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Coming peacefully with dirty plans...

All the Devils talk on the trade forum is about Hall it seems.... but this Pens fans have a bit of a dream of getting Palmieri on Sid's wing. Any thoughts on whether he could be traded, and in that case what would you think it'd take?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Simmonds has surprisingly looked fast this year. Much faster than last year. I could see him being attractive to teams at the deadline even more so than last year. Plug him into a 3rd or 4th line in the playoffs and good luck grinding those games out.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Coming peacefully with dirty plans...

All the Devils talk on the trade forum is about Hall it seems.... but this Pens fans have a bit of a dream of getting Palmieri on Sid's wing. Any thoughts on whether he could be traded, and in that case what would you think it'd take?

Palms would look great alongside a natural playmaker, let alone one of the best in the game. He’s on a team friendly cap hit deal, is a Jersey guy and potentially a future Captain after Greene so I think he would be costly to acquire but not out of the question. We are in need of high end D prospects, more specifically LD

Do the Pens have anyone that fits?

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Simmonds has surprisingly looked fast this year. Much faster than last year. I could see him being attractive to teams at the deadline even more so than last year. Plug him into a 3rd or 4th line in the playoffs and good luck grinding those games out.
Yes he has and he could probably recoup the second round pick we gave up for PK. I'm not ready to give up on the boys yet though...if we're still in the dumps come December 1st and botox lips hasn't re-signed yet, I say trade errbody and build this team around Jack, Nico and Lafreniere.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes he has and he could probably recoup the second round pick we gave up for PK. I'm not ready to give up on the boys yet though...if we're still in the dumps come December 1st and botox lips hasn't re-signed yet, I say trade errbody and build this team around Jack, Nico and Lafreniere.

We aren’t winning the lotto a third time, and doing a complete tear down and new rebuild will take years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad