MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
9-C8199-C8-E443-493-A-A6-A7-D566061-FA679.jpg

this muh muh muh makes me happy

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Sooo early likely means nothing but appears that the coaching staff is looking at...

Hall Nico Palmieri
Gusev Hughes Simmonds
Boqvist Zajac Bratt
Wood Zacha Coleman

No Zacha isn’t at practice today so my guess is Hayden will be in his place. But those seems to be the lines they are starting with. That’s a pretty good 4th line lol.

I like those lines quite a bit

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is this being streamed? I still haven't seen a second of Devil's hockey this season. Maybe I'll just watch the prospect games on YouTube this afternoon?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I mean thats exactly what you said, so. If thats not what you meant, maybe you should have described it better?

Why not just keep our young/good DMan since we are basically good on the wing instead of trading one for a guy who needs a big pay day AND THEN trying to make another trade (which may or may not exist) to replace said DMan.

which scenario is more realistic?

i described it just fine lol. in my scenario, one of the options i laid out (really, just to pacify your defense concerns) was trading severson for laine, then trading one of our (now, with laine’s arrival) expendable wingers as part of a package (e.g. a draft pick) for a defensive upgrade over severson. so in that scenario, we would be adding someone almost assured to break gionta’s record and getting a better defenseman than damon severson, if such a player even exists in your mind.

again, that was one option i laid out. you summarized my post in the classic zbc way by saying i wanted to “trade a dman just so we could trade for a dman”. that’s a blatant and intentional
mischaracterization of what i said, which you seem to fall back on pretty frequently. just an observation

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Those are pretty nice lines. I might switch around Palmieri and Bratt but they look solid. Great depth. It’s nice to have guys like Anderson, Bastian, and McLeod knocking on the door too.

Honest question, since some people here question Palmieri on the top line, why? If you look over his goal scoring production over the time he has been with the Devils he’s one of the top 10 goal scoring RW in hockey. As far as a RW go he’s near the top.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Not surprising. It's so much harder for a Dman to look good when he has bad teammates

Honest question, since some people here question Palmieri on the top line, why? If you look over his goal scoring production over the time he has been with the Devils he’s one of the top 10 goal scoring RW in hockey. As far as a RW go he’s near the top.

I don't think people question how good he is. I think it comes down to wanting to spread out the scoring more

Reactions: Auto Pilot

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Not surprising. It's so much harder for a Dman to look good when he has bad teammates

I don't think people question how good he is. I think it comes down to wanting to spread out the scoring more

I don’t agree here. All summer people were calling for another RW to push Palmieri down the line up. I get you can always want better players at positions but I’d be more inclined to find someone to put behind Palmieri mainly because it’s easier to get that player. Palmieri, as far as RWs go, is a top 10 RW in the NHL I believe.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Oh I definitely think he’s the best RW on the team. I’m just thinking for balance purposes spreading it out. Hall, Nico, and Palmieri are all proven commodities. It might be a good thing to pair one of them with a Hughes or Boqvist or someone like that.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Oh I definitely think he’s the best RW on the team. I’m just thinking for balance purposes spreading it out. Hall, Nico, and Palmieri are all proven commodities. It might be a good thing to pair one of them with a Hughes or Boqvist or someone like that.

Ok then I’ll retract my previous statement. I know people have been going on about Palmieri at times over the summer. You were not one of them.

I can understand what you mean but I think you want your best RW getting more time on ice then that of a 3rd line RW.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I mean thats exactly what you said, so. If thats not what you meant, maybe you should have described it better?

Why not just keep our young/good DMan since we are basically good on the wing instead of trading one for a guy who needs a big pay day AND THEN trying to make another trade (which may or may not exist) to replace said DMan.

which scenario is more realistic?

You keep bringing up that we have loads of wingers and that our blue line isn’t all that great.

The way I see it, we have somewhat of a logjam at RHD and our depth up front on the right side isn’t all that impressive. Outside of Palmieri and Bratt who’s playing on his off wing, who do we have? Simmonds, who’s on a one year deal? When Palmieri’s deal will come up, are we ready to give him the raise he’ll demand? I see that situation as Henrique 2.0

In regards to Severson, he’s not bumping Subban off our top pair and Vatanen is more then capable or doing what Damon can do on our 2nd pair and the PP.

Like @MartyOwns and I have said, when you’re being offered a dollar for 3 quarters, you take that deal and figure out the rest later.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
and when Vatanen gets injured and/or walks in 9 months, then what do we do?

then our RHD depth is

1. PK Subban
2. Connor Carrick

wahoo!

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don’t agree here. All summer people were calling for another RW to push Palmieri down the line up. I get you can always want better players at positions but I’d be more inclined to find someone to put behind Palmieri mainly because it’s easier to get that player. Palmieri, as far as RWs go, is a top 10 RW in the NHL I believe.
I think he is the best RW we have easily, along with Hall and Nico being the best in their positions. BUT, I think both Hughes and Palms would benefit like crazy playing together, more so than anywhere else. It's more of a spread the love move in my eyes.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That 4th line has some quality potential. Very nice line combos to start things off. If anything, that 2nd line is the one with the most question marks and even still, has the potential for it to succeed significantly should that combo or portion of it remain together for a longer period of time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You keep bringing up that we have loads of wingers and that our blue line isn’t all that great.

The way I see it, we have somewhat of a logjam at RHD and our depth up front on the right side isn’t all that impressive. Outside of Palmieri and Bratt who’s playing on his off wing, who do we have? Simmonds, who’s on a one year deal? When Palmieri’s deal will come up, are we ready to give him the raise he’ll demand? I see that situation as Henrique 2.0

In regards to Severson, he’s not bumping Subban off our top pair and Vatanen is more then capable or doing what Damon can do on our 2nd pair and the PP.

Like @MartyOwns and I have said, when you’re being offered a dollar for 3 quarters, you take that deal and figure out the rest later.
We’re not trading Severson. He isn’t expendable at this time. You can stop now.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
and when Vatanen gets injured and/or walks in 9 months, then what do we do?

then our RHD depth is

1. PK Subban
2. Connor Carrick

wahoo!

You and I both know that’s BS.

First off, if we’re going to be worried about injuries and signings, you should probably put the name of Taylor Hall on top of your list instead of worrying about Vatanen so much.

Secondly, we have Butcher and Smith who can play the right side as well as Mueller, who’s an efficient bottom pairing dman.

So yeah, Carrick was your quick response because it makes Severson look irreplaceable when he really isn’t. You didn’t bother talking about our lack of depth on the right side of our offense, why is that? Do you think Palmieri’s upcoming deal will be worth it? Do you see us resigning Simmonds?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sooo early likely means nothing but appears that the coaching staff is looking at...

Hall Nico Palmieri
Gusev Hughes Simmonds
Boqvist Zajac Bratt
Wood Zacha Coleman

No Zacha isn’t at practice today so my guess is Hayden will be in his place. But those seems to be the lines they are starting with. That’s a pretty good 4th line lol.

Love it. There’s also quite a few other combos I would like.

Amazing what adding an entire 2nd line in one offseason can do for your lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad