Devils 2019-20 Preseason is here! Team discussion, news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm so giddy for the season to start. Maybe I'm an optimist here but our forward group is really f***ing good, the defense is pretty good and I think PK will thrive as being the guy here, and I'm more confident in our goalies than most. Last season there was pretty much one line I was excited to see hop over the boards, and Zacha of course but I'm just a proud father. This year I think I'd be excited for all four lines.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Got a chuckle out of this quote from Hall today. Wrong fanbase to say this to there Taylor, may want to brush up on your Devils history a bit :laugh:. He does not want to be here, guy doesnt even care to learn the teams past and more importantly, PTSD trigger symptoms of its fanbase.
"It’s really only in the last few years where there’s this whole paranoia about players playing the last season of their contract. So, we have a lot of time
Here’s what Devils’ Taylor Hall, Ray Shero said about forward’s contract talks

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
@Aethon did you edit your post above to add the chambers part? i didnt see it the first time i read the post……and ya, i knew you were a big chambers fan, youve mentioned it a few times through the years

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
NYT links wont open on my old computer…..chambers trade im guessing
Yup. Semak and Hankinson for Chambers and Cole.

Semak was a fun for one year, but not really love worthy....at least not from me...that year 92-93 Claude Lemieux led the the team in scoring and he became one of my favorites all time....Alex was lucky enough to go along for the ride ;)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I like tequila with lime

:sarcasm:

images

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I'm so giddy for the season to start. Maybe I'm an optimist here but our forward group is really ****ing good, the defense is pretty good and I think PK will thrive as being the guy here, and I'm more confident in our goalies than most. Last season there was pretty much one line I was excited to see hop over the boards, and Zacha of course but I'm just a proud father. This year I think I'd be excited for all four lines.

Speaking of our goalies, go compare Carter Hart’s numbers to Mackenzie Blackwood’s. I find it interesting that all the talk around the league is that the Flyers future in goal is set and Hart is a surefire star, but the Devils on the other hand have major goaltending issues. Now, it’s totally possible that will be the case, but Blackwood and Hart’s numbers are identical. I’m not sure why everyone outside of the Devils organization is so dismissive of Blackwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad