Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Mike Jefferdanton should be on the Mount Suckmore just for being the most infamous player to ever wear the uniform from the yearlong holdout/suspension, then getting kicked off the team after somehow getting a second chance never mind all the stuff that happened after he got the boot.

It's a bit subjective...if we're talking worst players ever most of the guys that would qualify would be from the early-mid '80's although you could throw in the occasional scary bad player nowadays like Olivier Magnan-Grenier. He's got the best initials ever all things considered.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Same. 2012 run was so fun and also him retiring was a good thing for this franchise. If he was still here he would have 8 years left on his contract. imagine having a 35 year old locked up for 8 more years at 6.67 AAV with a high recapture if he retires.

so I just look at it like the Devils had Kovy for 3 years at 6.67 AAV ( I know there's a recapture penalty of like 200k per season but whatever)

That's also a really good point! Nashville is going to get absolutely ROCKED if Shea Weber retires early.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
John MacLean (the coach) also belongs on Mount Suckmore which is too bad cause he'd be close to Mount Rushmore as a player after the retired number guys. But other than maybe Rich Kotite, the worst coach I've ever seen in professional sports.

Reactions: Bleedred and HBK27

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
One of my most hated Devils of all time was Lyle Odelien/Slowdelien/Blowdelien/Can'tHoldTheLine. I'd put him on Mount Suckmore making that pained expression he had when he put the puck into our own net from down-ice when trying to pass to the goalie when we he had been pulled on a delayed penalty.

Reactions: Liams brorsa

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Remember when we had faint hope for Tedenby before he was exposed as a truly bad player under Lemaire?

With that said I will always remember 2010-11 fondly despite the MacLean trainwreck for Jacques coming back and salvaging our pride in the second half.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Was that loophole different back then bc I'm 99% he didn't stay in college for your years

It may have been different back then. I just remember he used some kind of contract loophole to dodge playing for the Devils, I assumed it was the 4 year NCAA thing but it’s been a lot of years, I may not be remembering right.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ryder, ___, ____, ___

I don't know, I sort of loved most of our players and I felt they did right by fans and club for the most part.

honorable mentions:
- Rupper...still cannot get over his incident with Brodeur when he was a Rag
- Late Rolston was terrible, but he was a good dude, a good Devil and mostly blame the org for playing him..kinda like Late Salvador
- Grabner - but again, partly org here
- Peters, Fraser - just terrible terrible players

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I tend to never really hate on our own guys much if I can. That's not really how I'm programmed. And Mt. Suckmore could easily just be a bunch of guys who barely played and you had personal disdain for so I agree with much of @Classic Devil 's logic. I am, however, on @None Shall Pass 's side when it comes to Kovy. The way everything went down certainly sucked but at the end of the day, we didn't give up anything worthwhile for him and the penalties were always absurd, and getting out of that contract was a blessing.

My personal Mt. Suckmore would probably be:

Andrew Peters - If I ever was infuriated by a bum on this team, it was him.
Sean O'Donnell - *fart*
David Hale - Could not believe how immobile he really was. Glaciers moved quicker.
Deron Quint - Not that I expected much of him at all considering we traded Odelein for him, but god what a waste of promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad