Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
if it's three years they can use Kase's contract as a comparable. Kase has 53 points in 119 games, Wood has 49 points in 137 games. Kase will also turn 23 later this year. He got 2.6 AAV for 3 years

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
if it's three years they can use Kase's contract as a comparable. Kase has 53 points in 119 games, Wood has 49 points in 137 games. Kase will also turn 23 later this year. He got 2.6 AAV for 3 years

This is a good point.

My reasoning for Wood getting 3.5 on a 3 year deal is because Santini, who is the same age, just got 1.4 on a 3 year deal and hasn't even played 41 games in a season at the NHL level, whereas Wood has played more than double the games and provides goal scoring and energy. Though Santini plays a tougher position.

Ok I agree, 2.5 AAV for Wood on a 3 year deal makes sense. And 3.5-4 AAV on a 6 year deal makes sense

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
While zacha sucks, and I don’t have a lot of hope for McLeod... we have some very nice pieces

IMO nico and bratt both improve, wood takes another step forward and hits 20gs, and I think Anderson will have a solid impact this year as well.

The biggest question marks are 2C, D, and goalie. The fact that 2C and D weren’t addressed is slightly concerning, but if Ray trusts our guys I guess I heave to as well

Reactions: glenwo2

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If he can put up 40 points and play solid in his own end I’ll admit I’m wrong for sure

You don't think he's capable of putting up 15 more points? He was already playing solid in his own end so that's really all that he would need to do to prove you wrong.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Not sure if it's been posted or if this is the right thread for it, but next Tuesday 5PM (Aug 21), 2000 SCF Game 6 on NHL Network. :)

Then on Tuesday August 28th, Elias, Devils 2003 and 2003 SCF Game 7. :) :)

TV Schedule for NHL Network USA (Aug 21)

devils.PNG

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
While zacha sucks, and I don’t have a lot of hope for McLeod... we have some very nice pieces

IMO nico and bratt both improve, wood takes another step forward and hits 20gs, and I think Anderson will have a solid impact this year as well.

The biggest question marks are 2C, D, and goalie. The fact that 2C and D weren’t addressed is slightly concerning, but if Ray trusts our guys I guess I heave to as well

imagine making statements like this and then getting mad when people call you out

good gravy

Reactions: Darkauron

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
You don't think he's capable of putting up 15 more points? He was already playing solid in his own end so that's really all that he would need to do to prove you wrong.

He also didn't play all 82 games. He was playing at a 30 point pace already. He is already responsible in his own end...so a full season with 10 extra points is all it would take for him to admit he's wrong?

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He also didn't play all 82 games. He was playing at a 30 point pace already. He is already responsible in his own end...so a full season with 10 extra points is all it would take for him to admit he's wrong?

he also barely played on the PP

he only had 90 minutes total on the PP this past year (11th on the team)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’ll bet my account that Loktionov scores 50 points this year.

Nice throwback. :laugh:

A lot could still go our way with simply guys being healthy. A full season from Palms and Mojo could be as much a difference maker as anything.

Palms was still right around his career pace at 44 points in 62 games, missing 20 with various injuries. In fact he was over his career pace at .71 PPG. Assume he plays 80 of 82 at that pace (he's played 82 and 80 games for NJ respectively before last year), that's another 12-13 points.

Same with Mojo, who had only missed 10 games in the last 4 seasons before this past year. Was at .48 PPG, career average is .58. Even if he plays only 65 games next year, you're looking at an additional 17-18 points over the course of the season.

Neither of these are unreasonable given their past performances.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
A lot could still go our way with simply guys being healthy. A full season from Palms and Mojo could be as much a difference maker as anything.

I think if everyone comes back healthy, a smidge hungrier after a playoff taste, a smidge more seasoned, and Hall is just Hall...

The question will all be on the goaltending, whether anyone can step up an be better than Moore was last year, and whether someone can steal Andy Greene's minutes.

For the first time in a long time (like say, 1990?), the forwards scoring is the least of my worries with this team.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
unless some trade is done. Its the year of chances for many people:

Can there be more improvement?
Zacha
Wood
Bratt
----------------
Severson
Santinni

The Farm (in bold who we most likely will see, injury or what have you)

McLeod
Quenville
Boqvist

Anderson <-- hopefully hungry
lappin (is a great 2way for us, fits in anyone and gives solid effort, and doesn't hesitate to shoot)
speers/bastian - what holds for the future of these guys?
-----------------
Kapla
Strait
MacDonald <--needs to learn D
Kapla
...?
T Smith (probably could fit in, but im sure all would say give a year)

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
unless some trade is done. Its the year of chances for many people:

Can there be more improvement?
Zacha
Wood
Bratt
----------------
Severson
Santinni

The Farm (in bold who we most likely will see, injury or what have you)

McLeod
Quenville
Boqvist

Anderson <-- hopefully hungry
lappin (is a great 2way for us, fits in anyone and gives solid effort, and doesn't hesitate to shoot)
speers/bastian - what holds for the future of these guys?
-----------------
Kapla
Strait

MacDonald <--needs to learn D
Kapla
...?
T Smith (probably could fit in, but im sure all would say give a year)

MacDonald is gone much to @Devils Dominion dismay

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
imagine making statements like this and then getting mad when people call you out

good gravy

When you look at your posts, all you’ve said “imagine making statements” with literally no evidence to support your argument. Such a cop out lol. Give it up man, not every player on the team is the next great thing.

Also... you taking my bet? Only 15 more points for zacha next year. According to you that’s more than doable... so what’s the hold up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad