Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't hate Pouliot or Letestu on a PTO
Just looking at his #'s Letestu would be great. He's a righty, but can play center(not sure how much wing if any he even plays), can win faceoff's(consistently over 50%), played on the PP with edm, played on the PK for both edm and cbj. Overall put up 23 points. Stays healthy.

Ya, if he's willing to sign a PTO he sounds like a really good fit.

Reactions: My3Sons

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Dang, Jokinen played on 4 teams last year. Got hot with Vancouver, 4-6-10 in 14 gp's.

I'm the same on Stafford, would not have a problem with him as the 13th. His scoring touch has dried up but I don't think he was a liability.

To me a 13th forward is just someone willing to practice with the team and either step in for a 1-2 game injury or if a young player needs to watch a game or two from the press box. That's really it.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Just looking at his #'s Letestu would be great. He's a righty, but can play center(not sure how much wing if any he even plays), can win faceoff's(consistently over 50%), played on the PP with edm, played on the PK for both edm and cbj. Overall put up 23 points. Stays healthy.

Ya, if he's willing to sign a PTO he sounds like a really good fit.

The Shero connection, too. That can’t be understated.

He signed him as an undrafted free agent.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What? That makes no sense. Bratt isn’t built for bottom 6 play. Wood is.
wood made great strides and had a crazy shoozing %. give him a shot up high and see how it helps his buddy zacha. PZ and MarJo are passers woodies is a shooter. bratt csn work his way up.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Wood is great to have in the bottom six with the possibility he might outgrow his role. Then we sell high. If he outplays Mojo, then he earned it. (As a side effect, anyone who gets Zacha to play a more emotional game is probably a good thing in the long run.)

A Mojo extension might be one to avoid next summer. Even with a good season in 18-19, I can see that being a tricky one to negotiate.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Zacha need to learn to be an Alpha male on the ice ... he's too timid and shy when it comes to shooting. It's just time for him to start showing why he was such a high pick. This is an important season for him .. should really find out we have with this guy.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hall has to be #1.

Frankly, I put Nico/Zacha ahead of Palmieri.

I just need PZ to friggin use it more.

PZ seems to need a bit too much time and space to feel comfortable using his shot. He’s got to learn to let it rip quicker and be comfortable doing so. It’s rare to be wide open for the big one timer at six on six and even rarer that the pass is perfect. Same with the twisted wrister. Hopefully it’s just a maturation thing.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Nico's wrist shot is not sneaky good IMO. I think his wrister is very accurate, but not quick and hard. I would also say Zacha has a top 3-5 wrist shot on the team. He just has to use it more and he'll start scoring goals.

Henrique had the best IMO before he was dealt. Although Henrique's was more of a snap shot. So is Halls. I would say Palmieri has the best "wrist shot". His release is more of a wrist shot and he doesn't really snap it the way some of the other guys do.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
nYCALGf.jpg

Anyway my dog is a fan now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad