Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Cammalleri wasn't disliked in NJ, it's just the reality of the situation in that he's not the player he once was and we'd rather give younger guys a shot rather than retreads.

We're already paying him to not play for us anymore anyway, I doubt they want to bring him back on top of that. :laugh:
wow I completely forgot the buy out I guess that doesn't help haha I'd put my money on mcleod then I guess

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Cammalleri wasn't disliked in NJ, it's just the reality of the situation in that he's not the player he once was and we'd rather give younger guys a shot rather than retreads.

We're already paying him to not play for us anymore anyway, I doubt they want to bring him back on top of that. :laugh:
In fact, aren't we NOT allowed to re-sign him if we're still currently buying him out?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen should absolutely be one of our top 9 lines to start the season next year. They all brought the best out of each other when they played together and were one of our best lines down the stretch.

If I could start the season with:
Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zacha-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Wood-Boyle-Insert RW here

Then I think that is a lineup where you can roll 4 lines consistently night in and night out and have success.

Anderson, Seney or McLeod are the RW4 options imo. Any 3 could quickly work their way up in the lineup.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean he can still score and its not like there's much competition isn't it worth a try during camp to see if he can outplay zacha ? or any overachiving prospect
Dude

He has 17 goals in his last 127 games played. How can he “Still score?”. Just because he literally can still (very occasionally) score sometimes? That’s like saying “Yeah, I lost weight since last week! I weigh a pound less!”. And his 6% shooting percentage over the last two years is a huge symptom and sign of an aging player that just isn’t good anymore. Cammallerri is toast. Not sure he plays in the league again. Maybe he gets a PTO somewhere, but it won’t be here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
he was liked in jersey but this is 2018-19 and he'd be the oldest player on the team when the motto has been speed upon speed and getting younger
Yeah he’s done.

Most players his age are becoming extinct from the league, unless they’re really good still. 17 goals over the last 127 games and a 35-ish point pace per 82 since then is not really good anymore.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I didnt think camm was so unliked during is time in nj :\ hope somebedy else step up if zacha doesnt progress

I wouldn't say he was unliked, I just think he was really dogging it that last season before we bought him out. He's often injured and misses chunks of time but his first couple years here he was a good contributor in terms of scoring, I mean the guy's a total sniper.

In that final year before we said adios, he missed a lot of time but as mentioned above he really started dogging it and not giving a shit so I think that's why you see fans totally sour on that idea at this point.

We're all in on the youth movement and he just would have no place on the team, too brittle and slow. He was never a big guy but these days he gets manhandled like crazy and coughs up pucks left and right.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He has 17 goals in his last 127 games, so no.

Never mind. Bleed beat me to it.:laugh:
And he had 41 goals in his last 107 games before that. 14 goals in 41 games the season before this tumble started. If that doesn’t scream a player that’s fallen apart, there really isn’t a more clearer sign.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen should absolutely be one of our top 9 lines to start the season next year. They all brought the best out of each other when they played together and were one of our best lines down the stretch.

If I could start the season with:
Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zacha-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Wood-Boyle-Insert RW here

Then I think that is a lineup where you can roll 4 lines consistently night in and night out and have success.

I’m hoping Lappin has the last big chance and brings his lunch pail and becomes a legit RW4 that can chip in the odd goal or spur Wood in the offensive zone. NJ doesn’t need PL from Lappin just reliable play and a bit of grit. Not sure about the grit but if he plays hard there is some skill there. It’s a shame they don’t have a better option than Boyle at 4C. He stands out like a slow sore thumb.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really liked that Seney didn’t even consider going college free agent. He signed right on the dotted line and is excited to play.

I didn’t realize he was a pest of a player either. He will fit right into the organization.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
What would it take to get Mark Stone in NJ? Currently a 26-year old RFA, arbitration can only get him a 1-year contract. Could become a UFA next week if Ottawa's ownership is really that penny-pinching. Even if they do bring him back on a 1-year, he's a UFA next year and probably doesn't wanna go back to a team that sent him all the way to arbitration and undervalued him.

Could Devils start the talks with 2019 1st and Marcus Johansson?

Why would we give them MoJo and make the team worse in the process of getting rid of him? A healthy MoJo is easily up there with Palms as the second best winger on the team.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I really liked that Seney didn’t even consider going college free agent. He signed right on the dotted line and is excited to play.

I didn’t realize he was a pest of a player either. He will fit right into the organization.
I'm not sure he had a choice, he was drafted as a sophomore. I think you need to complete four years of college to be a UFA.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
HFDevs: Henrique brought nothing to this team going forward. His production will fall off a cliff and in turn his contract will be horrific.

Also HFDevs: Let's bring back 36 year old Michael Cammalleri.

Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad