Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
He lost the bet to me, saying that Zacha would be traded by the start of 2018. Then went awol for a few months and I hounded him until he threw one up. Whatever crazy stuff he says aside, gotta give him credit, I haven't seen him post on the main board once with out at least a couple people saying "Why the hell is a Rangers fan saying that?" but he still has it.
Considering what he says on the main board he should be forced to keep the Rangers avatar.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Panthers with the 16th best odds to win the cup? I need to change my pants. Couldn’t control my bowels, nor bladder and they just unloaded all over the place.

That one’s for you @Cage Helmet

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
McDonald too put them over the hump. Florida will win multiple cups in the next 5 years.

Did I do that right?

I mean, I know it's DDs thing, but he isn't wrong in this instance. That is a nice piece they added.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Acquiring Hoffman was a big pickup
Such a big pickup, Viola is probably already wondering how he can obtain some kind of a tax credit to compensate for it.

Or he's trying to concoct a way to get Tallon to dump some other salary. McPhee will have his volume on all summer long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
By the way, Chicago is finished. They're done, that window has slammed shut, as has LA's. Not sure why they're in the top 11. Old and slow team with an aging core from the previous cup teams, and new aging pickups like that Russian footnote in Devils history and Phaneuf.

Chicago might still make the playoffs, but I don't think they're going very far, if not anywhere at all.

LA might make it as a wild card and get bounced in round one again.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
You guys don’t seem to understand that Vegas odds are not just calculated by who is actually most likely to win. They also factor in popularity and volume of bets for each given team. It’s designed to favor the House, it’s not an ESPN prediction contest.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Florida has a better team top to bottom. No shame there.
Sure they do.

I'm still waiting for the Islanders to contend. That was a Tundra-ism from a few years back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The islanders had back to back 100 point seasons two years ago.
Ohhhhh! Wow!

Back to back 100 point seasons! So great! Hey, you even forgot to mention that they actually won a playoff series in that time! Against that really tough juggernaut from Florida!

Reactions: glenwo2

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Can I never hear about the Panthers again, ever? A bunch of you ruined the last month of our season for yourselves by being so paranoid about the Panthers winning out and taking our playoff spot for themselves and leaving us out. The Panthers might be more relevant and talked about on this forum than they are on their own forum. Such a threatening team they are! Haven’t won a playoff series since 1996. Only been to the playoffs four times since and were ousted by the NJD two of those times. They were also trolled by the NY piles of shit for their first playoff series win in 23 years the last time they made it. They then gutted their team, fired arguably the best head coach in the league and cut payroll. Do you really trust them not to f*** things up for themselves yet again? They haven’t been able to get out of their own way for almost the entirety of their quarter century existence. What are you people sweating? Derek MacKenzie’s leadership qualities?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can I never hear about the Panthers again, ever? A bunch of you ruined the last month of our season for yourselves by being so paranoid about the Panthers winning out and taking our playoff spot for themselves and leaving us out. The Panthers might be more relevant and talked about on this forum than they are on their own forum. Such a threatening team they are! Haven’t won a playoff series since 1996. Only been to the playoffs four times since and were ousted by the NJD two of those times. They were also trolled by the NY piles of **** for their first playoff series win in 23 years the last time they made it. They then gutted their team, fired arguably the best head coach in the league and cut payroll. Do you really trust them not to **** things up for themselves yet again? They haven’t been able to get out of their own way for almost the entirety of their quarter century existence. What are you people sweating? Derek MacKenzie’s leadership qualities?
If I got this trivia right, the last four times the Panthers made the playoffs, they've been eliminated by the Rangers, Devils twice and then the Islanders.

I think it was the Rangers who eliminated them in the first round in 1997. The year after the last time they won a playoff series, which was the 1996 Eastern Conference Finals. The Rangers then beat us in round two, before losing to the Flyers and not making the playoffs again until 2006 when we swept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad