Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agostino is easily the fourth best forward in that lineup.

The drop off after Bratt, Zajac and Coleman is a massive one. And then you have a massive drop off before Agostino and after that? The drop off is even more massive than the first one. I couldn’t even tell you who are fifth best forward in that lineup is. Is it Has-Been Stafford? Or Never-Was Lappin? Or Joey Anderson? It’s probably Joey Anderson.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
lmao imagine, fans from other team's come by to see our thoughts on the game and we're all talking about last year's season

can we please do this. at least once

Well, we beat Montreal 6-4 on March 6th last year, including 3 PP goals. So that might be a good one. Then there was a SO win against Nashville (although I think we blew a lead late in that one) on the 10th. Then the 8-3 blowout of Vegas on the 14th. Grabner's lone moment of usefulness was on the 17th when he scored the first goal in a 3-0 win over LA that ended up being the game winner.

Reactions: David Conte

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Don't know whether this was posted way back when the original tweet was done, but I'd love to have those who better understand these analytics discuss.

I feel like Butcher has had a pretty strong sophomore campaign and has gotten somewhat unappreciated by a portion of the fanbase.

Reactions: Bleedred and Oneiro

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Well, we beat Montreal 6-4 on March 6th last year, including 3 PP goals. So that might be a good one. Then there was a SO win against Nashville (although I think we blew a lead late in that one) on the 10th. Then the 8-3 blowout of Vegas on the 14th. Grabner's lone moment of usefulness was on the 17th when he scored the first goal in a 3-0 win over LA that ended up being the game winner.

beat down…..just as a first year team deserved

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't spy on other teams forums, but I couldn't help but notice on the main page index that there's a ''Fire Torts'' thread on the Blue Jackets forum. I think that one has been there for quite some time, as I've noticed it before.

They might have to make two new threads to discuss it after filling them up, if they somehow lose to us tomorrow.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I do find it amusing that some fans act like 40 pt. defensemen who can move the puck just grow on trees. I think Smith is a phenomenal prospect, but I don't think he and Butcher are all that similar.

I dislike Hynes and his system but if he's going to be here and we're going to play a high risk system, you're better off having defensemen who can move the puck exponentially better than their peers (Butcher, Severson and presumably Smith) and live with their flaws, as opposed to trying to create some mythical balance with guys like Santini and Mueller (both of whom I still have some hope for) who rely on other players to facilitate the transition game.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Don't know whether this was posted way back when the original tweet was done, but I'd love to have those who better understand these analytics discuss.

I feel like Butcher has had a pretty strong sophomore campaign and has gotten somewhat unappreciated by a portion of the fanbase.

...and in other news, clearly Yakovlev sucks and we should just keep Santini because (again, clearly) it makes no difference which one is in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad