Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I guess Boyle got his bell rung by big buff the other night? I hope Pavel is ready, but I think his stint in the B was too short.

I'm sure they wanted to keep him down there longer (especially to pot a few goals), but losing 2 centers and this losing streak forced their hand. The board would've exploded if they recalled Rooney instead of Zacha. Plus, going up against 2 of the top centers in the league tonight, we can at the very least use Zacha's defense.

Stuck With Nico

Registered Otaku
Sep 28, 2017
New Hampshire
I don't know what to think about tonight's game. Our current streak weighs heavy on my mind, but we've been so good at home. Hopefully Hischier isn't out too long, those centers are brutal.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Dirty head hunting hit by Buff

Hope Boyle is feeling alright, just precautionary

We cant be without Nico for long to salvage the season

PZ could have used another month or two in Bing

Reactions: glenwo2

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
After the Boyle/Buff, does anybody know any of the following.

1. Why Boyle got a penalty? was it something he said?
2. Why , yet another check to the head, is not a GM and/or not reviewed by player safety?

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
This is far from ideal. The last thing we need is multiple injuries during a bad slide in the standings. Im happy Zacha is up, but I think they wanted him to probably play 10 games or so down there until he was really dominating. He was Playing really well and firing alot of shots but hadnt scored yet. Allthough Initially I felt bad for him getting sent down, I think 5-10 more games in bingo would have really helped his confidence even more. I think well see a better Zacha tonight, but its just a tough matchup for anyone

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not too shook over missing this one tonight now that Nico is out. This could get real bad real quick.

But knowing my luck this will be the game Zacha gets a hat trick and 5 points.

Reactions: liquid1988

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I thought Yak played well enough to stay in the lineup the other day, but I do want Butcher back in there

wish we could be rid of Lovejoy already

Reactions: liquid1988

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Wow, against Pittsburgh no Nico and Boyle.
They say Kinkaid will start, I hope so.

You never know with Hynes', he will scratch Mueller and put in Schneider.

Oh well

Go Devils

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Zacha wasn’t going to get called up but injuries dictated the team needs him. He’s got to get to the slot during even strength tonight to show he’s made the mental shift to his game. I hope we see how take advantage of this early chance.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I really hope Boyle is okay, hate to see those hits.

But I definitely think we will improve at ES without him. He is really struggling possession wise. His lack of speed is just too much to overcome at times.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I really hope Boyle is okay, hate to see those hits.

But I definitely think we will improve at ES without him. He is really struggling possession wise. His lack of speed is just too much to overcome at times.

I'm skeptical that Dea at center is better than Boyle at wing.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
But in all seriousness, he felt he grew from his time in Bingo, and got his confidence back. #NJDevils

That was easy. I suggest we send them all down, one after the other, and in no time we will have a team full of confident players.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

Camille the Eel

Bottom 6 forwards stepping up to give us some aggressive energy are key for us. Noesen and Wood might give us something around now?

Our top 2 lines are competitive.

The D ? That discussion gets long and tough. Bottom 2 pairs better not get torched. Very important to play the game in their end and not take penalties. Plus Kincaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad