Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
That's unfortunately not how it works. It would take 2 weeks of injury (or 6 games missed) for Schneider to be eligible to go to Binghamton on a conditioning loan, so if he isn't actually hurt, he'd just be training for 2 weeks.

I mean he can easily miss 2 weeks here and do that, nobody is eager to put him back in net.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
They have to give Blackwood a game, he’s earned an opportunity to show what he has. It’s not like Kinkaid has been lights out either, starting him every game would be unwise.

I’m thinking Kinkaid against Toronto tomorrow and Columbus on Thursday, then give Blackwood the Ottawa game on Friday (second half of the back-to-back).

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
They have to give Blackwood a game, he’s earned an opportunity to show what he has. It’s not like Kinkaid has been lights out either, starting him every game would be unwise.

I’m thinking Kinkaid against Toronto tomorrow and Columbus on Thursday, then give Blackwood the Ottawa game on Friday (second half of the back-to-back).
Knowing our organizations uncanny ability to ruin young players, he probably starts Tuesday, gives up a 10 spot and proceeds to be a cashier at Whole Foods by Friday.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Yeah Blackwood is a really intriguing prospect. I don't really put a ton of stock into goalie stats from lesser leagues. So I'm interested in seeing how he does.

Reactions: Aethon

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Blackwood has all the physical attributes to be a great starter in the NHL. Proper coaching and being strong mentaliy are what will determine if he actually will be or not, in my opinion. I'd like for him to get a game, now that he's called up anyway, but I don't know how much stock into it.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Anyone have a clue when they are wearing these heritage jerseys? Can't find a damn thing about it anywhere.

Oh and "abdominal strain"...sure ok, haha

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Anyone have a clue when they are wearing these heritage jerseys? Can't find a damn thing about it anywhere.

Oh and "abdominal strain"...sure ok, haha
Probably strained it opening and closing the bench door.

Reactions: Smitty426

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I’m guessing he’ll get the start Friday against Ottawa unless Cory or Lack are better by then. I can’t see abdominal strain being a quick recovery for a goalie...I’d say is a 39 month recovery time.

Wait. That's 3 years and 3 months ..... oh, NEVERMIND. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad