Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
maybe but there's more to it than just how the players are currently. 1st overall is cost controlled and under team control and won't take up a spot in the expansion draft and they'd also be ~10 years younger than Tarasenko.

If the Devils were fortunate enough to get the 1st pick I think I'd take the chance on Hughes or Kakko or whoever it is just for those reasons. I'd love Tarasenko on the team but not at that cost for where the Devils are as a franchise right now.
The Devils have drafted so poorly in the first round that Devils fans do not value high draft picks enough. Shero made clear in his interview that high draft picks for 27-28 year old players is not likely to happen. Tarasenko's agent did not do a great job for him. He left some money on the table.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Devils don't need a top 6 right winger with that skill level? Didnt know we were that deep we could just turn town a scoring winger of his level.

We have Palmieri and Bratt on the RW. That should be good enough if Hischier can continue to develop into a legitimate 1C and Hall sticks around. Palmieri and Bratt both look like borderline 1RWs this year.

We’ve managed to capitalize on unique situations getting Hall/Palmieri for great value, but a guy like Tarasenko with no baggage is going to cost a ton. If we’re giving up serious value, I’d rather see it be a top pairing defender first and legitimate 2C second.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Who plays like he’s the size of the guy he’s standing next to. Sad. I wonder if concussion fears are in his head when he’s playing? Put Wood’s intensity in this kid and he’s worlds better.

Put Wood’s intensity into him and he’s a 1C. Kid needs a heart transplant

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I wonder if they plan on giving Blackwood any actual starts/meaningful time up. He's doing well finally and I would hate to rush any development with him. Unless its not serious with Corey? (well it is kinda serious with Corey but that's a whole other thing)

Reactions: My3Sons

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Definitely a questionable IR stint followed by many rehab games in the AHL for Schneider. Don't have to waive him to get him starts in the A to hopefully get him at least a little confidence.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I wonder if they plan on giving Blackwood any actual starts/meaningful time up. He's doing well finally and I would hate to rush any development with him. Unless its not serious with Corey? (well it is kinda serious with Corey but that's a whole other thing)
I’m guessing he’ll get the start Friday against Ottawa unless Cory or Lack are better by then. I can’t see abdominal strain being a quick recovery for a goalie...I’d say is a 39 month recovery time.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Definitely a questionable IR stint followed by many rehab games in the AHL for Schneider. Don't have to waive him to get him starts in the A to hopefully get him at least a little confidence.

That's unfortunately not how it works. It would take 2 weeks of injury (or 6 games missed) for Schneider to be eligible to go to Binghamton on a conditioning loan, so if he isn't actually hurt, he'd just be training for 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig