Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
That just isn’t true though. I said repeatedly he hasn’t been good lately. The haters are just using this rough stretch to craft their revisionist garbage narrative that he has been bad all year which is nonsense. But again, these are people that think Santini would be a better option, so what’s the point...

Dude, maybe your unsupportable take on santini is the problem. Oh yeah, you have your one stat. My bad.

Reactions: Take Notes

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Sarcasm?

He was his classic 80% great, 20%dumpster fire. We won despite his stupid decisions, giveaways and losing assignments. Moore is bailing him out on the odd man rushes and missed assignments else it could be worse.

Love that cf tho...
CF% in one game doesn't really mean anything. But in a game where the top paring RHD was 7 CF 32 CA and we're hammering Severson who was 22 CF 23 CA...I mean cmon. He was fine. He made that one awful pass to no one that led to a rush the other way, but he did not have a bad game whatsoever.

Moore is horrific and clearly dragging Severson down. He stinks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
CF% in one game doesn't really mean anything. But in a game where the top paring RHD was 7 CF 32 CA and we're hammering Severson who was 22 CF 23 CA...I mean cmon. He was fine. He made that one awful pass to no one that led to a rush the other way, but he did not have a bad game whatsoever.

Moore is horrific and clearly dragging Severson down. He stinks.
Moore had 19 CF and 24 CA. By your standard Moore was fine as well. On the season Severson has a CF% of 49.51% and Moore has a CF% of 48.51%. By what standard are you claiming Moore is horrific compared with Severson?

Reactions: Take Notes

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Moore had 19 CF and 24 CA. By your standard Moore was fine as well. On the season Severson has a CF% of 49.51% and Moore has a CF% of 48.51%. By what standard are you claiming Moore is horrific compared with Severson?
Wow, is Severson really under 50% lol. I don't even pay attention to that shitty stat, but I'm not even surprised.

So the argument of Severson being a net negative holds again.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
His pairing was fine, yes. He still stinks. Is that difficult to understand?
I added more to my post. Again, by what standard are you saying Moore stinks compared with Severson when they have similar numbers in the stat you often use to say Severson is great?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Do I have to start giving timeouts from this thread? Both of you (123, Take Notes) knock off the constant digs at each other...consider this your warning.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Well moore has a positive GF/GA at even strength, he has 1% less CF% than Severson. Moore plays on the PK and his TGF is at 65, and TGA 74 and 5 on 5, Moore is a + 2. Severson plays on the PP, TGF 64 & TGA 67 and 5 on 5 he's a -7.

Not sure where's the "Moore draggin Severson down" narrative is coming from, but statistically it doesn't hold and it also doesn't hold on the eye test..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now if we're actually discussing players rather than just using players to take shots at each other, I don't see why when both guys are suboptimal that one is 'carrying' the other. I haven't been impressed with either Moore or Severson lately. Severson's mistakes are more noticeable and frequent lately but Moore's done nothing positive for months on either end (offensively or defensively).

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I added more to my post. Again, by what standard are you saying Moore stinks compared with Severson when they have similar numbers in the stat you often use to say Severson is great?
Watching the games makes it clear, he's not remotely close to the same caliber. His skating is his only plus attribute. Of course they'll have similar corsi since they've played the heavy majority of games together, but statistically Moore is worse at virtually all of the things.

EwAIscS.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Now if we're actually discussing players rather than just using players to take shots at each other, I don't see why when both guys are suboptimal that one is 'carrying' the other. I haven't been impressed with either Moore or Severson lately. Severson's mistakes are more noticeable and frequent lately but Moore's done nothing positive for months.
I agree. I just don't possibly see where this narrative that Moore is horrific and dragging Severson down comes from. They are clearly not a great fit as a pairing though, but Hynes keeps going to it over and over.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Now if we're actually discussing players rather than just using players to take shots at each other, I don't see why when both guys are suboptimal that one is 'carrying' the other. I haven't been impressed with either Moore or Severson lately. Severson's mistakes are more noticeable and frequent lately but Moore's done nothing positive for months.
Moore has been put in a position to try and repair Severson errors, which is putting him in a tough spot as he isn't that type of player.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Severson is f***ing brain dead. He has all the tools, just no tool box. We see flashes of him being great, but then he makes the same dumbass mistake like pinching at the complete wrong time or leaving the slot wide open as he follows his D partner behind the net.

With that said, he's still one of our best offensive dmen and one of the only ones who can complete a pass. He just has no hockey IQ.

I just really hope we sign Carlson this summer so Severson becomes expendable and can be moved to fill a bigger need

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Watching the games makes it clear, he's not remotely close to the same caliber. His skating is his only plus attribute. Of course they'll have similar corsi since they've played the heavy majority of games together, but statistically Moore is worse at virtually all of the things.

EwAIscS.png
Major redflag on the QOC for Severson.

Oh and that's March 1st. is there a more recent one?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

EwAIscS.png
"All of the things". This chart doesn't have that many individual statistics, most of them are just variations on the same few stats (points, corsi, on ice goals, time on ice) but analyzed in different ways. Presenting it as a comprehensive analysis is misleading, which isn't even the intention of the tool.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The faith that Hall put in Nico to win that puck battle in was awesome. Nico is so much stronger on the puck now than he was in October, it's just crazy. Nico will be a nightmare to play against once he gets his big boy muscles.

I wonder what is up with Bratt, is he just tired or what, the kid just looks like he has no gas.

I do think Bratt was gassed but now it's just low confidence.
All he needs is a bounce or two with some goals and he will be fine.

Nice to see a North Dakota Devils fan with high hockey knowledge here!

Reactions: Csonked Out

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Let me stress how important it is to work Mueller or Santini back into the lineup down this vital stretch.

LJ will cost us points if he continues to play every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad