Devils 2016-17 team discussion (players news & notes) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I wouldnt trade our best RHD for a LHD. You open up another hole. Besides that is a huge package.

There is still a premium on RHD

If it means getting an elite defender at 22 years old, yes I'll happily trade Severson, McLeod ++. Lindholm is elite and is far better than any defender we have had in a while.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
You're crazy. They would have a very hard time saying no to that offer, and I would be a bit annoyed at our GM's lack of asset management for offering that trade. The gap is not nearly big enough in talent with Severson/Mcloed to Lindholm to act like it's just a quantity for quality trade.

I would turn down Severson/McLeod for Lindholm if I wan the Ducks. I definitely think it should take more, but I'm not sure how competent of a GM they have at this point. Lindholm is incredibly underrated.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
So, your position is you have no evidence that a team would trade two first overalls to the same team in a short timeframe and that there is indeed no precedent for that, but I am illogical for stating as much? Okay. I'll accept that, I guess...

Would you like a quote from the Oilers GM saying that he would trade Yak and Hall in separate deals to the same team? I don't know what you expect, but that type of quote is not going to get out. Also like I already said you aren't going to find teams with multiple first OA picks, let alone trading them. So yes I stand by my position. I have said it before the two trades for Yak and Hall are both independent. But you don't seem to understand that.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
DSP significantly slows down whatever line he's on down and we can't afford to have that if they are going to continue to play poorly like this especially with this speed game they are trying to implement here.

Understand it's a new group of guys and they have to get used to one another, but the constant dump/chase or trying to make passes at the offensive blue line, wing to wing pass attempts in the neutral zone, or blind passes/flipping the puck away aimlessly among several other issues is giving us the issues we've faced pretty much every game.

Lucky to have come away with a W last night.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
i would take lindholm here in 3 seconds if they were wiling to send him to us for something we could afford.

instantly our #1

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
So yeah Ducks fans want no part of a trade of Lindholm for Puljujarvi + Nurse, thread on main board. Not saying that means his trade value is higher or anything, but it shows how he is regarded.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They don't but in their defence the Ducks are on the west and he is definitely underrated. But to say he is not proven is not accurate, like another poster above said.

I admittedlyhaven't seen the ducks a ton over the last year.

I just browsed some of his advanced stats and they are very impressive. And when you consider he is a 22 year old they are even more impressive.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
So yeah Ducks fans want no part of a trade of Lindholm for Puljujarvi + Nurse, thread on main board. Not saying that means his trade value is higher or anything, but it shows how he is regarded.

That's just plain silly. I can't see them getting a better offer. Who is going to trade them a 'Lindholm' for theirs?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Would you like a quote from the Oilers GM saying that he would trade Yak and Hall in separate deals to the same team? I don't know what you expect, but that type of quote is not going to get out. Also like I already said you aren't going to find teams with multiple first OA picks, let alone trading them. So yes I stand by my position. I have said it before the two trades for Yak and Hall are both independent. But you don't seem to understand that.

If you are going to call my position illogical, I'd like proof of it being that, yes. Beyond that, you are entitled to your views, but I don't think it is fair to call mine illogical when you don't have evidence for doing that.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think any talk of Lindholm would would start with Zacha. I'm not even sure they'd do a straight up trade for Hall.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Everyone should try and catch this Albany game at 3:05.

I don't believe that the roster has been announced but there is a potential for Quenneville, Blackwood, Blandisi, Wood, Santini, Lappin, Coleman, Pietila to be in this afternoons game. Very exciting moment.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I think any talk of Lindholm would would start with Zacha. I'm not even sure they'd do a straight up trade for Hall.

They apparently want a dman back so I don't think it starts with Zacha at all.

Unfortunately, I don't see what we can trade back that makes sense. I dunno if I see anyone trading what they want that makes sense actually. Hoping we can voltron something together but doubt we'd win that bidding war either.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
So, when is the time to give Kinkaid a game? There's the back-to-back next weekend, but he might have to wait longer than that. I'd give hime the one vs. Chicago, but that's just me.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

main board opinion is such cancer though - remember when yakupov was worth at LEAST a 2nd rounder + prospect?

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Just thought I would throw this out there....At his current goal rate, Hall is on pace for 49.2 goals this season ;) 82/5*3=49.2 I think we should all agree that is an acceptable and sustainable rate of production and not question it in any way :laugh: Also should throw out he is shooting like a mad man. Currently on pace for 344 SOG this season assuming 82 GP. His shooting % is at 14% so while it is slightly higher than his average it's within the range of sustainability.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's an Albany thread for talk about the Albany team, let's keep the posts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad