Devils 2016-17 team discussion (players news & notes) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm glad he's here too, only so we have him to fall back on if Kinkaid gets smashed if he continues his dreadful play from last season.

And we should waste no time with that if Kinkaid is sitting pretty with a save percentage of sub .900 after 5 games and 7 or 8 softies allowed.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I love Santini but I really think they're going to send him down and send Speers back and that will be that. They aren't going to carry 8 D IMO, and that doesn't even include Merrill when hes back from injury

Hall-Henrique-Parenteau
Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Josefson-Fiddler-Smith-Pelly
Kalinin, Wood

Greene-Severson
Quincey-Lovejoy
Moore-Auvitu
Helgeson

or something of that variety.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Hate how Speers isn't eligible for the Albany. Doesn't make any sense that you'd be able to play in the NHL but not the minor leagues.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hate how Speers isn't eligible for the Albany. Doesn't make any sense that you'd be able to play in the NHL but not the minor leagues.

Stops NHL teams from hoarding 18-19 year olds in the minors and hurting the quality of CHL games. Also, the weaker the CHL is quality-wise also would likely weaken the talent pool coming out of it for the draft.

The worst part about Speers though is he misses the cut-off date to be eligible for Albany by two days. He was born on January 2nd, but if he was born just two days earlier in December, like Blackwood, he would be eligible for the AHL this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can get fired today and the day was already a success!

Enjoy your NHL salary while riding the busses, pin up boy!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think (I could be wrong) the roster deadline is today though, meaning Helgeson wouldn't clear in time to be "off" the roster by today.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Will be interesting to see which d-man gets scratched. Had they kept Helgeson it would have been a no-brainer. I'm guessing it's Quincey for the opener.

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Santini
Quincey

Merrill

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Helgeson on waivers

so Santini made it.

Awesome news! So what are the D pairs looking like?

Greene-Severson
Moore-Lovejoy
Auvitu-Santini
Quincey

I could also see us sitting Moore as well

Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Quincey-Santini
Moore

At least we have options.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone claim Hulk, he's a future Norris winner
He'd probably the worst defenseman at offense in the league, which already disqualifies him.

Though I think he would win the Mark Fraser award for suckiest defenseman in the league. Mark Fraser no longer is eligible for that award, since he doesn't play in the NHL anymore.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nice! So the D shakes out how?

Greene-Severson
Moore-Lovejoy
Auvitu-Santini
Quincey

At least I hope that if they're keeping Santini up he'll play over Quincey.

You'd think so otherwise I don't get keeping both Auvitu and Santini. I actually figured Quincey would be an everyday player with our lack of vets though. Especially since he chose to come here over other options.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think (I could be wrong) the roster deadline is today though, meaning Helgeson wouldn't clear in time to be "off" the roster by today.

We have to be down to 23 by 5PM today. It doesn't mean we have to go with our existing lineup for the opener. We can temporarialy send down a waiver-exempt player, put someone else on waivers, then bring the temp player back once the waivers clear.

Umm... I don't think I explained that clearly, but I hope you get the idea.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's no chance that Helgeson gets called back up tomorrow, is there?

Doesn't seem like it would make sense at all, but would be quite a troll move on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad