AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It looks like:

Hall-Henrique-XXXXX
XXXXX-Zajac-Palmieri
Camm-Zacha-XXXXX

Is set in stone as the top nine. If that's the case, Boucher has to go with Zajac-Palms.

Jason, I see your data, but chemistry isn't always automatic. Give Boucher 10-20 games to acquiesce on that line and develop some familiarity. Boucher had a pretty turbulent year in terms of continuity - NHL one day, AHL the next, linemates getting sent up and sent down, press box, new linemates. It doesn't surprise me that sometimes it clicked and sometimes it didn't

80 minutes is not a sample size I'm willing to put money on right now. If he's not doing anything by Thanksgiving, then we can explore other options. but you've invested a lot of development time in this guy, it wouldn't be wise to just toss him because you can't find a place for him today.

As for the rest of the lineup....I'd put Bennett with HH, DSP with CZ, and start with a fourth line of Fiddler/Kalinin/Joe. I'll be shocked of Gazdic plays 20 games. Let JQ, Wood, and Blandisi develop their games.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I still believe Wood is in the mix. Hynes seems to really like is game. I wouldn't mind a 3rd line of Cammy-Zacha-Wood.

It's way too soon for Wood, unless the belief is he'll never be higher than a bottom six player anyway he should be in the AHL for a while to see if he can develop into more.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Man... this team has SO much more talent compared to a couple years ago, AND we have over $11mill cap space... and that doesn't even factor in the LTIR contracts. We theoretically could be spending $20mill more.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm not ready to give up on Boucher, especially not after one preseason game, but boy do the Devils not have the right center for him. I also do not want to see Boucher-Zajac-Palmieri as a line ever again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Remember when Rob Niedermayer came in and played like a ****ing rock star in the pre-season, and by November we all forgot he was on the team?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Like I said, this isn't stemming from one preseason game. He wasn't all that good last season and that line was abysmal. It was masked by Boucher scoring a couple of goals which made people think it was a legit line. Where is Tri when you need him? I'm sure there are more stats than corsi to back this up, one also being the eye test when they were continually bogged down in there own zone.

So if Boucher can't play with Zajac and Palmieri and doesn't have a guaranteed spot on the PP where does he exactly fit on this team? Thats kind of my point. It's not like hes a good skater, or can play on the PK or play on a checking line. He will obviously start on the big club but I will not be surprised if Blandisi or Wood gets called up to take his spot at some point. This is all moot anyways when we will have injuries but I am not sold on Boucher like the majority on here and I bet you the coaching staff feels the same way as I do. He doesn't fit.

Edit: Oops Tri chimed in already :sarcasm:

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Boucher alongside Zacha makes more sense then alongside Travis.

Bouch is in a similar boat as DSP. Both put up points at a very nice clip last year. Neither fit the fast skating attacking style. Neither have impressed in preseason. Both are seeing young talent(moreso on LW, but Lappin at RW) look way more impressive at their respective positions.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Best play of the game for Bouch last night was getting that elbow up on Zibenjad. It had some "get the eff out of here" in it.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It's way too soon for Wood, unless the belief is he'll never be higher than a bottom six player anyway he should be in the AHL for a while to see if he can develop into more.

I'm not a NHL coach, however, Wood has showed me thus far he can play in the NHL.

Last edited:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Boucher alongside Zacha makes more sense then alongside Travis.

Bouch is in a similar boat as DSP. Both put up points at a very nice clip last year. Neither fit the fast skating attacking style. Neither have impressed in preseason. Both are seeing young talent(moreso on LW, but Lappin at RW) look way more impressive at their respective positions.

He's played one game!

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7s7 seconds ago
Don't see D Jon Merrill at practice. Checking on that.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How many times do I have to say this. Me and a few other posters are basing this off his performance last season...my goodness. Stop saying its one preseason game thats not the point.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
I wonder if we'll consider claiming Stefan Noesen. Right handed shot whose been moderately successful in the AHL. He also hails from the same Texas town as Blake Coleman and played with Wedgewood in the OHL. Shero seems to have a thing for nabbing former 1st round picks in the years ranging 2009-2011 haha.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm not a NHL coach, however, Wood has showed me thus far he can play in the NHL.

Like I said before, just because a guy CAN play in the NHL doesn't mean he SHOULD play in the NHL.

He's played a grand total of one professional hockey game in his career, give him a top-6 role in Albany for a season, some call up duty here and there, and he'll make a greater impact in one year than he would right now.

Zacha COULD have played in the NHL last year, but most of us agreed that another year of development time was the best plan. It seems like that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad