Devils 2015-16 team discussion (players news & notes) Offseason Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like the thought process, but when they send Cormier back to junior, they'll probably be sending almost everyone else back and there'll only be 2 practice groups.

Same can be said when they cut the Albany group and send Blackwood/Appleby down.

Gives us Lindback, Wedgewood, Schneider, and Kinkaid left.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Kind of looking ahead here, but I'm hoping the Devils will go after Tyler Johnson (RFA) next off season. After TB signs Kucherov, they'll have 3 big contracts including Stamkos and Hedman. In addition to smaller, yet still big, contract of Callahan...and also needing to re-sign RFA Palat next year (who some consider more important to their system than Johnson).

It's possible Yzerman works some magic and gets them all to stay, but I think Johnson is the type of offensive center we need. And he shows up big in the playoffs.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I am honestly more excited for Speers to make the jump than Zacha, Quenneville or McLeod. Not because I think he'll be better but he seems to play the sort of smart game that lends itself to a long career.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Speers misses being eligible for Albany like Blackwood is by two days since he is born Jan 2. If he was born in December, he would be 20 by years end and eligible for Albany.

No rush on Speers imo. Let him dominate in juniors, plenty of time there after.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
numericalroster.jpg

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm honestly amazed there is not more PTOs.

I still imagine we add one of Ehrhoff, Seidenberg, or Jordan after the World Cup though.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
No Patty at training camp.

So it is pretty much confirmed he isn't coming back?

I don't see the point of giving him the entire training camp off (despite his age). It would mean he would of had no preparation and would come into the season underdone. I don't think that would be good for the team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
No Patty at training camp.

So it is pretty much confirmed he isn't coming back?

I don't see the point of giving him the entire training camp off (despite his age). It would mean he would of had no preparation and would come into the season underdone. I don't think that would be good for the team.

I would imagine if he does plan to come back, he will probably take the Gomez approach of working out at the arena and practicing with the team until he is ready.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would imagine if he does plan to come back, he will probably take the Gomez approach of working out at the arena and practicing with the team until he is ready.

Not that it means he can't do this, but Gomez was given a PTO weeks before camp even started.

Although I don't think he necessarily has to have a PTO to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad