Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
6afe8zw.gif

Continue.

We should take a vote on what comes next. The bi-monthly Zajac argument?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Assuming the lineup is as follows, here is my goal prediction for next season. I try to be conservative because the Devils have made me a pessimist. This is also assuming the player plays at least 90% of games.

Hall (26)-Henrique (25)- Bennett (11)
Cammalleri (29)- Zajac (16)-Palmieri (28)
Boucher (16)- Zacha (14)- DSP (10)
Kalinin (9)-Josefson (6)- Fiddler (8)

Greene (5)- Severson (7)
Moore (4)- Lovejoy (2)
Merrill (2)- Santini (1)

Which equals 219, good for 17th in the league last year. Now, the odds of Cammalleri and Bennett staying healthy look bleak, but I believe I shortchanged Hall and Henrique a bit. Maybe a bit optimistic, but maybe not

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I could see Hall, Henrique, and Palmieri being in the 25-30 goal range. Cammalleri too if he plays 70+ games. Really, beyond those 4 though there are still a lot of question marks. Is Boucher for real? How much does Zacha contribute right away? Which DSP is the real DSP?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Assuming the lineup is as follows, here is my goal prediction for next season. I try to be conservative because the Devils have made me a pessimist. This is also assuming the player plays at least 90% of games.

Greene (5)- Severson (7)
Moore (4)- Lovejoy (2)
Merrill (2)- Santini (1)

Which equals 219, good for 17th in the league last year. Now, the odds of Cammalleri and Bennett staying healthy look bleak, but I believe I shortchanged Hall and Henrique a bit. Maybe a bit optimistic, but maybe not
This is the best case scenario in my opinion. I think you went over on Cammalleri Josefson Severson Kalinin Fiddler.

I would be happy to move up to the 20-25 range for goals forced. That would be reasonable and it would be a good step in just one year.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
This is the best case scenario in my opinion. I think you went over on Cammalleri Josefson Severson Kalinin Fiddler.

I would be happy to move up to the 20-25 range for goals forced. That would be reasonable and it would be a good step in just one year.

Zajac was on pace for that per 82
Cammalleri, I think I may have given him a couple too many, but should be around 25
Boucher paced better than that
Fiddler had 13 and 12 goals respectively the last 2 seasons
Zacha was real tough to gauge. I wouldnt be surprised if he was anywhere between 10-20.
Severson will get more ES ice time and probably QB the PP. He loves to shoot.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hall-28
Henrique-27
Palmieri-26
Cammalleri-24
Zajac-18
Boucher-16
Bennett-14
DSP-14
Zacha-12
Fiddler-11
Kalinin-6
JJ-3

Severson-6
Greene-5
Moore-4
Merrill-3
Lovejoy-3
Santini-1

Total of 216.

Group Chat Legend*

Greene (5)- Severson (7)
Moore (4)- Lovejoy (2)
Merrill (2)- Santini (1)

Not one 30 goal scorer? Doubtful

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not one 30 goal scorer? Doubtful

He did say he was being conservative, which should be the approach right now. I mean Henrique and Palms did hit 30 last year but they barely did. If Hall and Henrique can rekindle that chemistry than there could be a good chance Rico hits 30 again but we'll see.

At the very least we should be a much more exciting team this year!

Group Chat Legend*

He did say he was being conservative, which should be the approach right now. I mean Henrique and Palms did hit 30 last year but they barely did. If Hall and Henrique can rekindle that chemistry than there could be a good chance Rico hits 30 again but we'll see.

At the very least we should be a much more exciting team this year!

we have 4 guys capable of 30 goal seasons

None hitting that mark would be a disappointing season

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

But he gave those 4 guys a combined 30 goals. Last year they combined to score 25. So not a ton of subjective optimism involved there.

And if we want to limit the predictions of guys like Camm and Bennett due to the inevitable injury, then we should factor in the call up scoring of guys like Blandisi, Lappin, Q, Woods or the 2 Blake's.

HallStar

Jun 9, 2016
Henrique shot at 20.1% last year. When he shoots anything below 18% his highest goal total is 16. We can hope he starts shooting the puck more with Hall, but if he doesn't his goal total will probably drop significantly.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hall does seem to be more of a playmaker in recent years, so maybe that helps keep Henrique close to 30 again. Although his goal totals seem to fluctuate a lot. His rookie year he had 16 goals, the shortened season he had 11, then 25 on 2013-14, then back down to 16 in 2014-15, then up to 30 last year (and it took 2 goals the last game of the season to hit that). He's such a streaky scorer that it's hard to figure out where he'll end up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall does seem to be more of a playmaker in recent years, so maybe that helps keep Henrique close to 30 again. Although his goal totals seem to fluctuate a lot. His rookie year he had 16 goals, the shortened season he had 11, then 25 on 2013-14, then back down to 16 in 2014-15, then up to 30 last year (and it took 2 goals the last game of the season to hit that). He's such a streaky scorer that it's hard to figure out where he'll end up.

His goal scoring fluctuates, but his overall point totals don't. If goes cold with the goals, he will still find ways to get it on the stick of someone who will score. He will give us close to 50 points one way or another.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Henrique shot at 20.1% last year. When he shoots anything below 18% his highest goal total is 16. We can hope he starts shooting the puck more with Hall, but if he doesn't his goal total will probably drop significantly.

I don't think his goal total will drop that significantly because he seemingly is able to maintain a high sh%.

But it will drop a little at least. That doesn't mean you can't peg him for 20-25 goals.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014

Greene (5)- Severson (7)
Moore (4)- Lovejoy (2)
Merrill (2)- Santini (1)

This is actually realistic. Except for JJ scoring 6 and Zacha scoring 14.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Rico scored 16 in his rookie year, and all the scouts talk about how good Zacha's shot is. I think it's reasonable.

Henrique put up very similar numbers to Zacha in juniors, even spent another year there, and was still only able to put up 16 while playing most of his NHL season top minutes on a line with Parise and Kovalchuk.

I think we're gonna see something like 10 goals out of him. Maybe 15+ assists, which is fine for our 3rd line. That's just my opinion though.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think it's more likely Zacha pots 14 goals than that JJ scores six times, but if JJ does score six goals, he'll match his NHL career high in goals. Maybe that would be a barometer for a "great" season from JJ.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
lol why are you still going on about that? this has to be in the DSM for some mental disease

Other people commented on what they expected of JJ. I also commented on what I expected of JJ. I'm sorry you consider my realistic expectations of JJ to be a sign of a mental disorder. I think that the people who expect JJ to produce in a way that he has shown no ability to do are more delusional, but JJ advocates do like to pretend that the problem is with JJ's critics, not JJ.

Perhaps I will be to blame when JJ has yet another failure of a season, since we've already exhausted the excuses about JJ's linemates and coaching. Critical fans are going to be the next reason for JJ's ineffectiveness, obviously.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Zacha getting 14 goals is realistic, I think. He's huge and talented for someone so young.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
My Goal Total Prediction

Hall-31
Palmieri-28
Henrique-26
Cammalleri-22
Boucher-19
Zajac-15
Zacha-15
DSP-11
Bennett-10
Fiddler-7
Kalinin-6
Josefson-4

Severson-7
Moore-4
Greene-4
Merill-2
Santini-2
Lovejoy-1

Total: 214 goals, which would've placed us in 18th in the league. Oh what a change to comfortably be able to predict some decent goal scoring:handclap:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I've never seen a bottom 6 player who makes peanuts get such unrelenting hatred before...it's just lunacy. He's not that good...Okay, calm down. Merrill isn't very good. Moore isn't very good. Cammalleri and Bennett are made of glass. Zajac's offense is underwhelming. DSP might revert back into a useless plug. We're going to be relying on a 22 year old to play 1st pairing minutes and he wasn't all that great last year. Overall we have one of the worst offensive d cores. We were last in the league in goals last year...And we're choosing to dump all over a 4th line player...It's so stupid.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I'd be ectastic if two guys hit 30. Not sure even one hits it. It hard to score 30 goals in this league and Henrique/Palmieri had career years. I think a couple of guys will fall between 24-28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad