Devils 2015-16 team discussion (players news & notes) Offseason Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Its not really significant at all. Zacha was drafted as a C and has played as a C through juniors. It's just his natural position. When Henrique was playing a lot of wing he would typically be listed as a C as well.

Still Hynes has said straight up they see him as a wing. But that was at the time of draft I believe. So maybe this past season has changed their thinking.

His knee still is not fully healthy. No need to sign him to a contract and have it count against the cap if he can't play the whole season. Might as well wait it out and sign one if and when he is ready
Is Elias's knee still not healthy. He did play at the end of last season, then had all of the offseason. Did he have another surgery? I dunno if it's not healthy now, then I have to think it never will be again.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Still Hynes has said straight up they see him as a wing. But that was at the time of draft I believe. So maybe this past season has changed their thinking.

Is Elias's knee still not healthy. He did play at the end of last season, then had all of the offseason. Did he have another surgery? I dunno if it's not healthy now, then I have to think it never will be again.

He had surgery on it during the offseason

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
You know how I already know it's going to be a good season?

#8. Beau Bennett

maxresdefault.jpg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He had surgery on it during the offseason

Dag, wasn't aware he had another.

Well I think the timeline could still play in his favor. If he's ready by Nov or Dec when I'm sure an injury or two will pop up.

Didn't Gomer skate with the team without a contract b4 officially signing?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Call me a conspiracy theorist but we're returning to Red and Green as the main colors sooner than later. The green has been used in so many marketing images this summer and now is featured in the season ticket packaging. They are conditioning fans for the change.:monkey:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Call me a conspiracy theorist but we're returning to Red and Green as the main colors sooner than later. The green has been used in so many marketing images this summer and now is featured in the season ticket packaging. They are conditioning fans for the change.:monkey:

I'd be pretty shocked if they attempted that.

Using it as a 3rd more maybe but the move entirely seems unlikely

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Would it really be the worst thing in the world to go to red/green and white/green? Just don't change the logo or design and I'm good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They will not go back to red & green as the mains. /

I'd love for them to rotate the 3rd jerseys from red/green one season to white/red/green the next.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I hope not. Red and green jerseys are uglier than the ones we have right now. Our jerseys are pretty much perfect as is. Only reason to mess with that near perfection is trying to make more profit:(

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I would change the logo so it doesn't have the circle behind it. it makes it look dated. Just the NJ would be nice. I don't mind color much but they did win 3 cups in red/black

But the jerseys are going to change next year anyway because of adidas so they're be at least a mild refresh

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would change the logo so it doesn't have the circle behind it. it makes it look dated. Just the NJ would be nice. I don't mind color much but they did win 3 cups in red/black

But the jerseys are going to change next year anyway because of adidas so they're be at least a mild refresh

I'd like to see a rendition. My thought has been not loving the white within the circle, but no circle at all is interesting.

But I'm all in on Red and Black. Red and Greens as the 3rd's around Christmas and St Pat's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad