Devils 2015-16 team discussion (player news & notes) part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I was already against resigning Elias but there is absolutely no way he should be resigned at this point.

3rd line veteran winger than can play PP & PK. We're desperate enough as is for wingers, that if he can still contribute for one more season we should bring him back. Not like we're overflowing with skilled guys to take his spot.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
3rd line veteran winger than can play PP & PK. We're desperate enough as is for wingers, that if he can still contribute for one more season we should bring him back. Not like we're overflowing with skilled guys to take his spot.

After the season he had with injuries and having a knee surgery, plus his age, easy no thanks for me.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If this knee surgery is a factor in September he's not going to be on our roster or anyone else's anyway.

If it was someone else I'd say just let them walk...but considering it's Patty and considering you're only signing him to a one-year deal at modest money to play a third-line role, if you sign him and he gets hurt again so what? You're only replacing a third-liner you'd have to replace by the end of the season anyway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We already knew Elias probably needed surgery. Though didn't he already have it during the season?

Wonder what caused Cory's? Did it have to do with his injury in March? I got the notifications texted to my phone a few hours ago.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We already knew Elias probably needed surgery. Though didn't he already have it during the season?

Wonder what caused Cory's? Did it have to do with his injury in March? I got the notifications texted to my phone a few hours ago.

I kind of figured the only reason he didn't get it during the season was so he could come back for that last week and get the most out of what he had left. And he already got his knee operated on last year or the year before iirc.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I kind of figured the only reason he didn't get it during the season was so he could come back for that last week and get the most out of what he had left. And he already got his knee operated on last year or the year before iirc.

That was my thoughts. It seemed like he was putting it off. Hell surgery might keep him on his skates for one more season.

I'm kind of surprised we never heard Camm getting surgery.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I mean they say core muscle they mean ab muscles right? He strained his ACL in his knee injury.

Though if he was fighting through a separate injury it might explain why his numbers suddenly dipped just before the knee injury.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I mean they say core muscle they mean ab muscles right? He strained his ACL in his knee injury.

Though if he was fighting through a separate injury it might explain why his numbers suddenly dipped just before the knee injury.

He could have done it in the same play with how awkwardly he went into the post and then just kind of fell back.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yikes about the surgery for Cory. Hope he's fine by the start of the season. Otherwise, it's going to be another rough season for Devils fans.

Recovery time is only 6 weeks no? Even with, god forbid, a few setbacks I'm sure he'll be more than fine come October.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Recovery time is only 6 weeks no? Even with, god forbid, a few setbacks I'm sure he'll be more than fine come October.

Odds are it was something he was playing through so I wouldn't be to worried.

True. He will probably have all the recovery time he needs in the off-season, but it's never fun to hear about a star player on your team getting surgery. Best wishes for his recovery, though.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Devils should try to add Okposo, but it has to be at the right price. His states are erratic. Hopefully, Stamkos overshadows the other free agents. I think Patty needs to be 100% healthy. I don't like the fact he tried to play through his knee issues last year ( even though it was still a problem) and avoided the surgery at the begining of the season (then ended up needing to get two surgeries, w/ the probality of needing more in the future.). He put himself in a very bad spot for negotiations.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Devils should try to add Okposo, but it has to be at the right price. His states are erratic. Hopefully, Stamkos overshadows the other free agents. I think Patty needs to be 100% healthy. I don't like the fact he tried to play through his knee issues last year ( even though it was still a problem) and avoided the surgery at the begining of the season (then ended up needing to get two surgeries, w/ the probality of needing more in the future.). He put himself in a very bad spot for negotiations.

He needs to unite those erratic states based upon life, liberty and pursuit of goals...and assists lol

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I still think Adam has a lot of offense available to show us in his game. The problem is that we had to lean on him so heavily on the defensive game last season. Get a guy like Goligoski in so Adam can show off his two way game. Adding an offensive dimension from the blue line was a huge issue last year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i will always credit PDB for making larsson play with snarl, i think even though he wasn't played constantly by pete, he still deserves credit for changing larssons playstyle

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
i will always credit PDB for making larsson play with snarl, i think even though he wasn't played constantly by pete, he still deserves credit for changing larssons playstyle

Larsson didn't start playing physical until Stevens came in along with Hydra and that's when he took off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad