Post-Game Talk: Devils 2 - Islanders 0: Wedgeout!!!

3 stars of the game.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wedge and Dell can hopefully tread water until MBW returns. If they can maintain a .500 pace that’s probably enough once MBW gets his form back. Of Wedge can play well once he can do it again.

Not sure that tandem will ever dress. Dell still hasn't gotten onto the Covid list yet.

Blackwood might be back by the time Dell is ready. Even if he has it, he shouldn't miss a ton of time unless he unfortunately gets a real bad case of it.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not sure that tandem will ever dress. Dell still hasn't gotten onto the Covid list yet.

Blackwood might be back by the time Dell is ready. Even if he has it, he shouldn't miss a ton of time unless he unfortunately gets a real bad case of it.

Given his age we should be optimistic he will have a mild case. Of course he has to take care of himself and take it very seriously even with only mild symptoms. A number of my two older boys friends have had it and fortunately none of them had a scary case.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
So while I am happy with what we saw from Wedgewood tonight some are getting a little a head of themselves.

Wedge is neither of the goalies we have seen in his two starts. He is not as bad as he was the other night but also not as good as he was tonight.

No idea what Dell will being if we even get a chance to see him before Blackwood comes back. But there is a reason Wedgewood has travelled from team to team and hadnt started a game in the NHL in what 3 years before Thursday.

Hope you all are right but the expectations need to be tempered with how well Wedgewood played tonight.

Yea Yea call me a debbie downer.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Great game by wedge. Really need to sit kouk for boqvist.

Merkley showed the same tenacity he did during training camp too.

Why? Once Bratt and Nico return wouldn't mind seeing Sharangovich-Boqvist-Kuokkanen getting a look; putting the onus on some of the vets to produce.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the guys from Binghamton have had success in the system. I imagine it's similar to what they did last season in the AHL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So while I am happy with what we saw from Wedgewood tonight some are getting a little a head of themselves.

Wedge is neither of the goalies we have see in his two starts. He is not as bad as he was the other night but also not as good as he was tonight.

No idea what Dell will being if we even get a chance to see him before Blackwood comes back. But there is a reason Wedgewood has travelled from team to team and hadnt started a game in the NHL in what 3 years before Thursday.

Hope you all are right but the expectations need to be tempered with how well Wedgewood played tonight.

Yea Yea call me a debbie downer.
Agree completely.

Although he didn’t look as awkward tonight. It didn’t look like a guy that wasn’t even a pro league goalie being inserted into the game, like it did on Thursday night.

And I only thought that first goal by Barzal was a poor one on him that game, but he just looked so awkward whenever the camera would pan on his net and you could get a good look at him. He just looked bad. I thought he looked like an actual pro league goalie tonight when you’d catch a glance at him in the nets.

I think I felt like he’d get a shutout at some point late in the 2nd period.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
People didn't like Kuokannen's game tonight? Thought he was good

He was reasonable today.

He had a chance or two, and if things bounced the right way he'd get a few more chances. Would like to see more games from him. Definitely not AHL fodder.

Last edited:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I guess it could, but I am finding it hard to believe he didn't test positive at this point.

The safest assumption most likely is that he has it and you just hope he has mild or no symptoms
I hope to God it doesn’t ruin his coordination. Cam Newton was solid as a QB until he got it, and then he went to shit as soon as he returned.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Who is thrilled we don't have to watch the man-on-man defense coverage anymore in defensive zone game in and game out?

This team actually does zone defense per more normal hockey and tries to and steers guys away from the middle slot so they don't just walk in unattended to.
The Hynes defensive system was painful to watch and I’m so glad we don’t have to suffer it ever again. At the very least, I can watch this team without risking an ulcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad