Post-Game Talk: Devils 2 - Islanders 0: Wedgeout!!!

3 stars of the game.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
cEIdwFb.jpg

Filed away for future use. :)

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I think that was as good an overall game Jack has played against a really difficult team to face. Loved his effort defensively.

Sharangovich worked his butt off too. I’m still not sure if he should be in the top 6, but he certainly belongs here.

The last 4 minutes or so for sure. Great to see solid contributions on both sides of the possession game.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I could see Nico come in cold as far as scoring goes, but I expect him to be solid defensively out the gate and provide a big boost to the PK.

His presence alone will also lead to Jack seeing better matchups

Until we know what his injury might be we can’t say what he will be like upon his return. I’m concerned he will be antsy to return given his long layoff and struggle initially because he doesn’t let himself heal completely. This is one of those instances when I’d err on the side of keeping him out until he shows he is 100% in practice as opposed to 75% with a doctor saying “it won’t get any worse if he plays”.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I guess it could, but I am finding it hard to believe he didn't test positive at this point.

The safest assumption most likely is that he has it and you just hope he has mild or no symptoms

They were doing contact tracing on guys who were around him. He clearly tested positive

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not that sold on Wedge that I wouldn’t want to see Dell first. Lots of goalies go south after a few starts.

By the same token I'm not that sold on Dell either, he's even older than Wedgewood and has had two meh years in a row, bouncing to three teams this year. I do feel bad for him that he's getting screwed out of this opportunity but timing is everything I guess.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
By the same token I'm not that sold on Dell either, he's even older than Wedgewood and has had two meh years in a row, bouncing to three teams this year. I do feel bad for him that he's getting screwed out of this opportunity but timing is everything I guess.
Dell doesn’t have to get screwed out of the opportunity unless the team is into keeping Comrie more then Dell.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dell doesn’t have to get screwed out of the opportunity unless the team is into keeping Comrie more then Dell.

How many goalies are they going to keep? By the time Dell finally gets here Blackwood'll almost certainly be back so then it comes down to one guy for the backup spot. They aren't cutting Wedge if he has a few more plus games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad