GDT: Development Camp

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
More content like this needs to happen with all the teams. This is how you get some personality and content.

Plus, I still think skaters should be allowed to paint their helmets, like goalies are allowed.

No pro artists allowed. I want it to look like the Marines' helmets in Aliens.

Reactions: Mattias

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
The more I hear about Ziemmer the more I wish he’s already in the main roster, but we must be patient. With that said,

senator-palpatine-anakin-skywalker.gif

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The more I hear about Ziemmer the more I wish he’s already in the main roster, but we must be patient. With that said,

senator-palpatine-anakin-skywalker.gif
Agreed. I know it's specific, but only Bedard had more goals scored among first year WHL eligibles. His ability to score so many goals despite some of the worst skating mechanics at this moment is very promising.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Not camp-specific, but prospect specific. You would need a subscription to EliteProspects to read it. It's about why Koehn Ziemmer is such a multi-faceted prospect. And it breaks down the different ways his skating needs to improve.

How do you like Elite Prospects NHL content? I’m thinking of trying it out versus The Athletic for a while. Thanks for sharing the article.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How do you like Elite Prospects NHL content? I’m thinking of trying it out versus The Athletic for a while. Thanks for sharing the article.
I like it more for the extended stats being kept in a central repository, but you do also get a comprehensive draft guide as a subscriber.

If they put out more Kings content and did a better job making it easy to find, I'd probably make more use of their other content. I only saw this one because Hoven saw the above tweet and thought I'd like to read more on Ziemmer.

The content itself is a mixed bag. The Ziemmer article is comprehensive. Videos, still shots, and a deep dive into a variety of tools. When I was looking for stuff on Brady Cleveland while prepping for the draft, it was a short interview with comparatively little substance. Your mileage will definitely vary.

I haven't subscribed to the Athletic in over a year though. I'd take EP over it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Weren't both Dvorak and Ziemmer projected as 1st rounders? Good on the scouting staff for landing those two if that's the case in 2nd and 3rd.

I like them both but it's not hard to see why they fell.

Dvorak's ceiling is in question depending on who you talk to. He's a big guy who can skate and make a good first pass but you need more than that to be a top-4 dman (think of how people here hammered on Forbort for example). His puck skills are in question--does he have it in him to be Gavrikov?

Ziemmer's skating is the big 'fatal flaw'.

2nd+ round guys are often seen as 1st round talent with one glitch, I think they fit the mold perfectly of guys who wouldn't get drafted in the 1st.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I like it more for the extended stats being kept in a central repository, but you do also get a comprehensive draft guide as a subscriber.

If they put out more Kings content and did a better job making it easy to find, I'd probably make more use of their other content. I only saw this one because Hoven saw the above tweet and thought I'd like to read more on Ziemmer.

The content itself is a mixed bag. The Ziemmer article is comprehensive. Videos, still shots, and a deep dive into a variety of tools. When I was looking for stuff on Brady Cleveland while prepping for the draft, it was a short interview with comparatively little substance. Your mileage will definitely vary.

I haven't subscribed to the Athletic in over a year though. I'd take EP over it.
Thanks for the review. The only reason I haven’t switched already is multi-sport coverage. The Athletic helps me win my fantasy football leagues that I care too much about. :laugh:

Reactions: King'sPawn

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Great. When Kaliyev gets his big promotion to the 3rd line Todd can stick Ziemmer in his spot on the 4th.
That strategy has worked wonders for Kaliyev, I see no reason to change a thing about it.

\endSarcasm

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Agreed. I know it's specific, but only Bedard had more goals scored among first year WHL eligibles. His ability to score so many goals despite some of the worst skating mechanics at this moment is very promising.
Also known as Artur Kaliev.
They will put him on 4th line defensive long distance skating duties and wonder why his development is behind

Reactions: psych3man

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
More content like this needs to happen with all the teams. This is how you get some personality and content.

Plus, I still think skaters should be allowed to paint their helmets, like goalies are allowed.
Absolutely not, the shiny silver should be mandatory.
The Vegas vs Kings games are awesome for that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad