GDT: Development Camp

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
AEG let Blake/Luc stage a coup -- convinced them to drop Dean and give the organization to those bozos. That tells me all i need to know about AEG and what they think of (or lack thereof) the Kings/Hockey.
Dean was actually more secretive when it came to development camps. Regardless of that, you see other teams live streaming content, as the Seattle Kraken have done, and we barely get anything. Seems like the wrong direction to take given the local coverage for the team is down to a handful of people, and the only ones seeking this type of information are the die-hards.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Dean was actually more secretive when it came to development camps. Regardless of that, you see other teams live streaming content, as the Seattle Kraken have done, and we barely get anything. Seems like the wrong direction to take given the local coverage for the team is down to a handful of people, and the only ones seeking this type of information are the die-hards.
I used to go to training camps/rookie camps with a camcorder and never had an issue. Don't remember the year exactly but I feel like Murray was still the coach. Was told I couldn't take video etc. Pretty good trek for me to go up there from OC--although not as bad as Iceoplex was--so I stopped going and relied on comments from posters that attended.

They've kind of been secretive about it for awhile now and I think it predated Dean. They should definitely stream the scrimmage even if it was a stationary camera at center ice.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I remember the Kings had some kind of fighting coach one year at development camp, and Dean Lombardi seemed paranoid about disclosing any information on it. He did not want anyone to know about it, and who the coach was that was training them.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I remember the Kings had some kind of fighting coach one year at development camp, and Dean Lombardi seemed paranoid about disclosing any information on it. He did not want anyone to know about it, and who the coach was that was training them.

His name is Jeremy Clarke. He owns an MMA gym in Minnesota. Nick Seeler mentioned him recently on the Raw Knuckles podcast. I saw him on the bench Sunday.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Is streaming the game, even without pxp, a major issue? Is it just not interest with management? Nobody who they wanted to make available? Is it a rights/legal issue?

Other teams stream and do play by play. The facility is open to the public.

What are the complications?

I would guess that the exclusivity of broadcasts might have something to do with it. A lot of teams that stream have their own channels. Vegas streams, I know that, and I'm pretty sure they are on a local channel.

I don't think there really is any valid reason not to stream things like this outside of a legal one. It's such a simple cheap process, you just need a decent camera and wifi.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
On individual prospects he felt stood out over the course of the five days
Yeah, I think Frankie [Pinelli] and Alex [Laferriere], Chromiak I really liked, we all love Chromiak, he had a really good camp. For the first-year draft picks, Dvorak is a good, left-shot D, he’s very calm for a young guy.
Dev. Camp Scrimmage Recap - Team White 7, Team Black 1 + Glen Murray Quotes - LA Kings Insider

Would be awfully nice if one of these three became a legitimate top line player, so I'm glad to hear they all stood out. You've gotta hope one or two get a few games this year as a reward for good play in Ontario.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
How do other teams do it?
Why couldn’t they let fans stream it for other fans?

It makes zero sense to restrict fans from being able to see this.
Please feel free to submit questions on our website. We check the mailbag weekly! Hit us up on our Patronize, or on the Tardcast One app! Don’t forget to tag us on Jizdik!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Life is sometimes more complicated than as is presented on social media.
I dont know man. This is a pretty f***ing perfect piece of toast

FB_IMG_1689216036993.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I dont know man. This is a pretty f***ing perfect piece of toast

View attachment 728476
But do you know the process to heat up that toast? Did he put it in a toaster? On a pan? Or something else?

And depending on the medium, have you looked into the interaction between heat molecules and bread to cause it to harden, and not melt?

This is chemistry and physics, dude. Not to mention the psychology of WHY we perceive this as the perfect piece of toast?

It's complicated, dude. You know social media... these people put up a facade of perfect life and perfect toast. But when the camera's off...? You know deep down he's fighting with it. He's divorcing that bread.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
But do you know the process to heat up that toast? Did he put it in a toaster? On a pan? Or something else?

And depending on the medium, have you looked into the interaction between heat molecules and bread to cause it to harden, and not melt?

This is chemistry and physics, dude. Not to mention the psychology of WHY we perceive this as the perfect piece of toast?

It's complicated, dude. You know social media... these people put up a facade of perfect life and perfect toast. But when the camera's off...? You know deep down he's fighting with it. He's divorcing that bread.
Like any magician, she didn't reveal her secrets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad