Development Camp

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I thought this was pretty refreshing to hear in a recent article about Cholowski. Now we just need a coach that reverberates the same message...

The Wings have told Cholowski that he needs to be more assertive with the puck and not worry so much about making mistakes.

"Quicker decisions, more aggressive, always wanting the puck on my stick and being able to be the guy that's going to make a play to create a chance or break the puck out," Cholowski elaborated.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Anyone else trying to stream this? I'm trying to figure out of the stream is choppy or if my work computer just sucks too much. Usually I can stream video fine.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
#67 Brady Gilmour: Gilmour is a surprisingly efficient skater and 5’10” and 170 pounds of works-his-ass-off grit, but that kind of size is no longer undersized in the NHL–it’s exctinct [sic]

Impressions from the third day of the Red Wings’ summer development camp ’18

9n1nu.jpg

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Not sure if this guy is using the stats from last years camp, but as a Saginaw / Detroit fan who is here supporting Webb and Gilmour, I can tell you Gilmour is being displayed inaccurately and not fair to him. He is not much bigger, but if published every article about his height and weight, it should be accurate in fairness to him. He is 5'11" and 180 lbs, but off the ice looks bigger than that. And Webb looks bigger than he is being reported as.

Saginaw Spirit - Official site of the Saginaw Spirit

Jul 30, 2005
Not sure if this guy is using the stats from last years camp, but as a Saginaw / Detroit fan who is here supporting Webb and Gilmour, I can tell you Gilmour is being displayed inaccurately and not fair to him. He is not much bigger, but if published every article about his height and weight, it should be accurate in fairness to him. He is 5'11" and 180 lbs, but off the ice looks bigger than that. And Webb looks bigger than he is being reported as.

Saginaw Spirit - Official site of the Saginaw Spirit
I just mean the height itself. 5'10/170 and down is not a "nonexistent" size unless Johnny Gaudreau, Jared Spurgeon, Cam Atkinson, Conor Sheary, Jonathan Marchessault, etc. died during the night and nobody told me.

FunkyColdZadina

Jun 26, 2018
Possibly just bad writing and what's "extinct" is the notion that guys as big as Gilmour are undersized?

He can'tpossibly ignore the fact that the best forward on this year's Stanley Cup runner-up is basically exactly as big as what Gilmour is listed at.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Word on the street is that Zadina and Rasmussen are a tier above the rest. I really think we see them in Detroit full time out of the gate. At least thats what I hope.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Word on the street is that Zadina and Rasmussen are a tier above the rest. I really think we see them in Detroit full time out of the gate. At least thats what I hope.
Did you watch todays live stream? Talking about how Zadina is eligible to play in GR don't expect to see him on the Wings as they are all ready talking about how he can go there and hone his skills. And talked about how Rass can go back to TriCity before again cutting his teeth in GR. Look for Fill and TV and JB for back up and Green on the back end. Embrace the tank cause we are gonna be bad this year.

Last edited:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Thet said because he came from europe or something he was exempt from that rule. Idk if they are rightbor wrong though, as later in the stream they were not sure about rules concerning signing the camp invitees.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Untill we see the season start and Rass and little Z on the team I have no faith in our GM or coaching staff to play them in the right spot or team.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Did you watch todays live stream? Talking about how Zadina is eligible to play in GR don't expect to see him on the Wings as they are all ready talking about how he can go there and hone his skills. And talked about how Rass can go back to TriCity before again cutting his teeth in GR. Look for Fill and TV and JB for back up and Green on the back end. Embrace the tank cause we are gonna be bad this year.

This makes absolutely no sense. At all. None of it. I'm going to just assume you took something out of the message that wasn't actually there.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Who said that? They have no idea what they're talking about

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Were they thinking of Veleno maybe? I'm pretty sure he's eligible for GR since may have played 4 years in the Q?

Edit: it looks like he only played 3 years

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
Were they thinking of Veleno maybe? I'm pretty sure he's eligible for GR since may have played 4 years in the Q?

Edit: it looks like he only played 3 years
The Veleno one is weird, too, but supposedly that actually came from Holland and Wright. No idea why that would be, except there being some special section about exceptional status kids. That kinda makes sense, because it would probably be harmful 9/10 times for an exceptional kid to have to play a 4th year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00