Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster released - Camp July 12-16th

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
We have plenty of examples of defensemen who didn't produce a lot who were still considered good prospects. How many of them made it? Yeah, you've got your Charas, sure. You've also got a lot of guys who could not handle the NHL.

Larsson had 17 points in 50 games in a men's league when he was 17 years old. He has 40 points in 67 career AHL games. Please don't compare Rehill's junior career (or Santini or Jacobs) to these numbers. But this is precisely why I am skeptical of both Jacobs and Santini, they have heretofore not produced much offense.

definitely agree with you there--I think some are overstating how fast Santini can take a Larsson like role. Of course I'd love to proven wrong though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We have plenty of examples of defensemen who didn't produce a lot who were still considered good prospects. How many of them made it? Yeah, you've got your Charas, sure. You've also got a lot of guys who could not handle the NHL.

Larsson had 17 points in 50 games in a men's league when he was 17 years old. He has 40 points in 67 career AHL games. Please don't compare Rehill's junior career (or Santini or Jacobs) to these numbers. But this is precisely why I am skeptical of both Jacobs and Santini, they have heretofore not produced much offense.

1)Of coarse not all prospects can handle the NHL.

2) I didn't compare Rehill's junior #'s to Larssons SEL #'. Nor do I expect Rehill to ever be the player Larsson is. But when a GM likes fast offensive minded d-men, and the depth chart already includes 3 big not exactly fleet rhd's I could certainly see how that would make a 4th less necessary.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
definitely agree with you there--I think some are overstating how fast Santini can take a Larsson like role. Of course I'd love to proven wrong though.

But Larsson's offense from sel or the AHL didn't translate, for whatever the reason. He just didn't bring much offense to NJ.

Thus Santini will not need to if he is being asked to pick up the slack of Larsson being traded. Nor will he have handle the heavy minutes Lars did last season. He will be asked to play 3rd pairing minutes and maybe 2nd pairing pk duties.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
how much more could larsson produce with what he was given?

Anyway I'm talking more about Santini's potential role overall not just his rookie year.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
1)Of coarse not all prospects can handle the NHL.

2) I didn't compare Rehill's junior #'s to Larssons SEL #'. Nor do I expect Rehill to ever be the player Larsson is. But when a GM likes fast offensive minded d-men, and the depth chart already includes 3 big not exactly fleet rhd's I could certainly see how that would make a 4th less necessary.

You don't turn down talent.

I also didn't realize that Rehill was overage last season. So yeah, even more reason to be skeptical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad